Michael Fox’s reputation as an innovative, effective, tenacious problem solver rests on more than 40 years of consistently achieving exceptional outcomes in complex, formidable financial restructurings.
Michael represents distressed companies, creditors, hedge funds, and debt and equity security holders in all areas of financial restructurings, including Chapter 11, out-of-court workouts, and restructurings of troubled companies. Buyers and sellers of financially distressed and leveraged assets also call on him to provide shrewd strategic counsel on business opportunities, implications of transactions, and enterprise structuring and financing. His clients include sophisticated, nationally recognized clients spanning a range of industries such as consumer products, retail, manufacturing, health sciences, health care, food, and consumer products. Applying his seasoned business acumen and legal skills, Michael closes even the most complex transactions in a way that benefits all parties.
Michael served as Chairman of Olshan’s Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring Department for nearly two decades. He is proud of the wide network of solid relationships he has built with clients, judges, and other leaders in the distressed finance world.
First Admitted: 1983, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.olshanlaw.com/attorneys-Michael-Fox.html
- Represented startup company On Spec in a workout and sale of its business with its current lenders.
- Represented the trustee in pursuing actions against Diamond Finance Company’s former principal who was engaged in a Ponzi Scheme with its investors.
- Represented Shoe Box and its principals in a dispute with the company’s lenders over the reach of the collateral and assets subject the judgment creditors.
- Represented Ibuy Distribution LLC, a leading wholesaler of Apple products, in its acquisition of the assets from F&E Trading.
- Michael currently represents or has recently represented significant parties in matters both in and out of court such as: Age Group LTD Alabama Marble Co. Inc. Atari, Inc. BCF Funding LLC Berkshire Inc. Bespoke Motor Group Inc. Cape Cod Crafters Inc. CDx Laboratories, Inc. Conair Corp. FAO Schwarz Inc. FF Fund I., LP GMG Capital Partners III, LP HF Enterprises Inc. iON Worldwide Inc. Jennifer Convertibles, Inc. KB Toys, Inc. Longstreet Holdings LLC Mooney Airplane Company, Inc. Namco Inc. Physicians Health Corp. Regional Diagnostics LLC Routesmart Technologies Inc. Scerene Healthcare, Inc. Superior Telecom, Inc. SynCardia Inc. Trustee - Diamond Finance Co Inc. Valdese Weavers LLC
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- American Bar Association, Section on Insolvency and Litigation
- Association of Banking and Commercial Law Firms
- Nassau County Lawyers Association
- New York County Lawyers Association
- Commercial Law League of America, Bankruptcy and Insolvency Section
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Board Member, Turnaround Management New York Chapter Association
- Michael currently represents or has recently represented the following parties in matters both in and out of court such as: Namco Inc., Atari, Inc., GMG Capital Partners III, LP, SynCardia, Inc., Jennifer Convertibles, Inc., KDI, LLC, Mooney Airplane Company, Inc., Alabama Marble Co. Inc., Champion Motor Group Inc., CDx Laboratories, Inc., BCF Funding LLC, Scerene Healthcare, Inc., Translux Corp. Grubb & Ellis, Inc., SendTec Inc. Cape Cod Crafters Inc. KB Toys, Inc. FAO Schwarz Inc. Superior Telecom, Inc. Outsourcing Solutions, Inc., San Francisco Music Box Co. Inc., Regional Diagnostics LLC, RedLine Films, Inc., RAL Gleem, Inc., and Gamla Enterprises, NA Inc.
- B.S., magna cum laude, State University of New York at Albany, 1978
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2009, 2014 - 2023