Top rated Employment & Labor attorney in New York, New YorkFisher Taubenfeld LLP
Practice Areas: Employment & Labor, Employment Litigation, Civil Rights; view more
Licensed in New York since: 2008
Education: Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
Fisher Taubenfeld LLP225 Broadway
New York, NY 10007 Visit website
As a founding partner of Fisher Taubenfeld LLP, Michal Taubenfeld is dedicated to serving people working in all five boroughs of New York City, Long Island, Westchester County and throughout New Jersey. He is committed to enriching the lives of his clients, while providing them with professional and honest legal services.
Focusing his practice on employment law, Mr. Taubenfeld generally handles cases involving issues such as the following:
- Wage & Hour Claims, including unpaid wages, tip skimming & unpaid overtime
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) violations
- All types of workplace harassment and discrimination
- Workplace torts
- Hostile work environment
- Restrictive covenants
- Employment contracts
- Whistleblower claims
Working to hold employers responsible for employment related violations, Mr. Taubenfeld represents people in hearings before administrative agencies, in plaintiff litigation as well as at the State and Federal court levels.
Although situations and incidents may have similarities, Mr. Taubenfeld recognizes that each case is unique. For this reason, he tailors his approach to reflect his clients' needs and priorities, while treating each of his clients with dignity and respect.
Mr. Taubenfeld works with employees to help them understand their rights, options and what it may take in order to pursue their case. He strives to achieve efficient resolutions whenever possible, but he is prepared to present a strong case in court if it becomes necessary.
After earning a Bachelor of Science from Yeshiva University, Michael Taubenfeld went on to receive a Juris Doctor from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law.
Staying active in the legal community is a priority for Mr. Taubenfeld. He is a member of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York, the National Employment Lawyers Association and the National Employment Lawyers Association/New York.
Practice areasEmployment & Labor: Employee, Employment Litigation: Plaintiff, Civil Rights
Employment Discrimination, Employment Law - Employee, Employment Law - Employer, Labor Law, Race Discrimination, Retaliation, Sexual Harassment, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- 40% Employment & Labor: Employee
- 40% Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 20% Civil Rights
First Admitted: 2008, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.fishertaubenfeld.com/Attorneys/Michael-Taubenfel...
- Member, Journal of Law & Gender, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- National Employment Lawyers Association, Member
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- New York City Bar Association, Member
- New Jersey
- Cardozo Journal of Law & Gender, Former Member
- National Employment Lawyers Association/New York, Member
- New York
- Yeshiva University, B.S., 2004
Office location for Michael Taubenfeld
New York, NY 10007
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2018, 2020