Top rated Personal Injury attorney in New York, New YorkCertain & Zilberg, PLLC
As founding and managing partner of the Certain & Zilberg, PLLC, law firm in New York, New York, attorney Michael Zilberg advocates on behalf of the rights and entitlements of individuals and families throughout the greater New York City metro region and surrounding areas who suffered an injury or loss as the result of someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
Handling all types of serious personal injury and product liability claims, as well as cases involving civil rights violations and police brutality, Mr. Zilberg has achieved notable success fighting for his clients in state, federal and appellate courts throughout his region. A deeply passionate and effective trial advocate, he has secured numerous million-dollar, multimillion-dollar and six-figure awards for his plaintiff clients. This success has earned him memberships in the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums, as well as inclusion in New York Magazine's Million Dollar Circle.
Among his other awards and accolades, Mr. Zilberg is the recipient of the Top 1% Car Accident Lawyer Award, and New York Magazine named him among the area's Leader in the Law. He has also received inclusion in the New York Law Journal's Top Verdicts & Settlements, and The National Trial Lawyers voted him among the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in the country.
A 1994 graduate of New York University's Stern School of Business, Mr. Zilberg attended Hofstra University School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1997. The New York State Bar Association admitted him to practice the following year, and he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York, as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit.
Highly active in his legal community, Mr. Zilberg is a member of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, the American Association for Justice, the National Police Accountability Project, the Brooklyn Women’s Bar Association and the Jewish Lawyers Guild. He also served as co-chair for the National Association of Personal Injury Lawyers from 2012 to 2015.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff, Civil Rights
- 40% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 40% Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 20% Civil Rights
First Admitted: 1998, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.certainlaw.com/attorneys/michael-zilberg/
- National Police Accountability Project, Member
- Women’s Bar Association of Brooklyn, Member
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 2014
- Federal District Court Southern Districts of New York, 1999
- Federal District Court Eastern Districts of New York, 1999
- New York State Bar, 1998
- Top 1% Accident Lawyers Award
- Recipient of the Citation of Excellence in Clinical Law
- New York Magazines Million Dollar Circle
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- New York Magazine – Leaders in the Law
- New York Law Journal Top Verdicts & Settlements
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- New York University Stern School of Business, B.S., Double Major in Accounting and Finance, 1994
Office location for Michael Zilberg
488 Madison Ave
New York, NY 10022
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023