Michele S. Mirman
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in New York, NY
Michele S. Mirman, Esq., is the Senior Partner of Mirman Markovits & Landa PC, a Manhattan based Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice law firm, which has successfully recovered over $1 Billion collectively for their clients.
Ms. Mirman, a revered trial attorney since 1977, is the President Elect of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association (2018-2019) and the President of the Brooklyn Women’s Bar Association (2017-2018). She is regarded as one of the nation’s top negligence trial lawyer and her achievements include being named to the New York Metro Super Lawyers list. She is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, has been recognized as one of America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators, and has received America’s Top 100 Attorneys Lifetime Achievement Award.
Ms. Mirman has been appointed to sit on judicial screening committee by different professional organizations. She has lectured on trial practice, technology in a law office, finance for women lawyers, and women trial attorneys in the courts.
Ms. Mirman started her career as a trial lawyer as an associate with Spatt & Bauman, P.C., in 1977, where she commenced trying commercial and personal injury cases, when women trial attorneys were a rarity. In 1980, she joined her future husband, Paul S. Mirman, Esq., in his law firm, where she continued to try numerous successful personal injury and medical malpractice cases, including McCormick vs. Cambria (1985), which resulted in a four million dollar verdict on behalf of a rape victim, the first multimillion dollar verdict by a woman attorney and the first verdict on behalf of a woman claiming post-traumatic stress disorder for rape. In addition to her successful trial practice, Ms. Mirman wrote and argued appellate briefs from both trials and motions.
In 1991, Ms. Mirman opened her own firm, Michele S. Mirman, P.C., relocated it to Manhattan where it evolved into Mirman, Markovits & Landau, P.C. She remains the senior partner of a 30 person law firm, which continues to represent the victims of all types of accidents, medical malpractice, and construction accidents in the New York State and Federal Courts.
Ms. Mirman is admitted to the bars of California, Connecticut, Florida, New Jersey, New York, and Washington D.C, as well as the Federal bars of the New Jersey and the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York. She is a member of the American Association for Justice, the American Bar Association, the Bar Association of the City of New York, the Brooklyn Bar Association, the Brooklyn Brandeis Society, the Brooklyn Women’s Bar Association, the Nathan Sobel Inns of Court, New York State Bar Association, the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, the Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York, and the Women Trial Lawyer’s Caucus.
Ms. Mirman is a Trustee of the Lower East Side Tenement Museum of New York City, an active member of Allinbklyn, a women’s giving circle dedicated to supporting Brooklyn charities, and the Brooklyn Kindergarten Society, the oldest continuously working charity in Brooklyn, which has provided preschool education to children in low-income families for 125 years.
A true daughter of Brooklyn, Ms. Mirman, nee Turchin, was born in East Flatbush, graduated from James Madison High School in Brooklyn (Class of ‘70), and still makes her home in Brooklyn. She attended Sarah Lawrence College (Class of ‘73) completing it in a special three-year program, and was graduated from Antioch School of Law, Class of ‘76. She supported her husband Paul through his final illnesses from multiple sclerosis and has two children with him, Matthew, a PhD computer science candidate at ETH Zurich, and Phoebe, a computer science engineer in Silicon Valley.
- 50%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 50%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Toxic Mold, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Dental Malpractice, Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Informed Consent
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2022
About Michele S. Mirman
First Admitted: 1977, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.mirmanlawyers.com/Who-We-Are/Our-Team/Michele-S-...
- $6,570,000 – Construction Accident – Broken Leg
- $7,000,000 – Medical Malpractice- Birth Injury
- $300,000 – Dog Bite Victim
- $12,000,000- Medical Malpractice – Birth Injury
- $500,000 – Auto Accident – Knee Injury
- Inns of Court of King County
- Trustee - Lower East Side Tenement Museum
- Trustee - Brooklyn Bridge Conservancy
- President - New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Federal Courts of New Jersey
- Past President, Brooklyn Women’s Bar Association
- Judiciary Committee, New York State Women's Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar
- American Association for Justice
- Washington D.C.
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Vice-President, New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Board of Directors, Brooklyn Bar Association
- Sarah Lawrence College, B.A., 1973
Pro bono/Community Service
- Making Headway Foundation
- Brooklyn Kindergarten Society
- Safe Homes Project of Brooklyn
- Member, AllinBrooklyn
- Trustee, Tenement Museum of New York City
- Lifetime Achievement Selection to America's Top 100 Attorneys®
- Highest Ranking of 10, Avvo
- Member of Million Dollar Forum
- personal injury - construction
- Our firm was recently one of the sponsors of the 174th Anniversary of the Dominican Republic Independence event. Th… https://t.co/JYNgWDaGkO
- Learn about the biggest accident risks that construction workers face in our new blog. Click here to find out more:… https://t.co/FMMUFb8BDD
- If you or a loved one has suffered as a result of sexual abuse or harassment, click here to read how we can help:… https://t.co/KRZzZYwP24
- Last night, membership party for BWBA at Brooklyn Borough Hall. New York’s First Lady Chirlane McCray giving Michel… https://t.co/PJcnRzXXYM
- Female TV Judges Have Helped Perception on The Bench. Read more here: https://t.co/cxRdekFXzm
Last Updated: 5/15/2022