Top rated business litigation attorney in New York, New YorkIngram Yuzek Gainen Carroll & Bertolotti, LLP
Mioko C. Tajika is a partner at Ingram Yuzek Gainen Carroll & Bertolotti, LLP, located in New York, New York. A member of the firm’s commercial litigation and intellectual property groups, she focuses her practice on general commercial litigation in both state and federal courts, representing clients throughout New York in intellectual property cases involving disputes over copyrights, trademarks, trade dress and the right of publicity. Ms. Tajika also provides counsel to clients on their intellectual property rights, with a focus on enforcement and proper use. In addition, she has handled a variety of other matters, including cases involving antitrust law, bankruptcy, defamation, employment issues, product labeling and securities fraud.
After graduating with a Bachelor of Arts from New York University in 2000, Ms. Tajika earned her Juris Doctor from the University of Wisconsin Law School in 2004. During law school, she served on the Moot Court Board and was the note and comment editor of the Wisconsin International Law Journal. An inactive member of the State Bar of Wisconsin, Ms. Tajika is admitted to practice in New York and is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York and the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 2nd and 9th Circuits.
In order to stay abreast of current developments in her practice areas and to forge connections with fellow professionals, Ms. Tajika is a founding member of the Japanese American Lawyers Network, and is an active participant in the American Bar Association and the Asian American Bar Association of New York. She is a native speaker of Japanese and previously worked as a translator before entering private practice.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Employment litigation: defense, Intellectual property
Trade secret, Non-compete agreements, Employment discrimination, Employment law - employer, Copyrights, Trademarks, Intellectual property law
- 60% Business litigation
- 20% Employment litigation: defense
- 20% Intellectual property
First Admitted: 2004, Wisconsin
Professional Webpage: https://www.ingramllp.com/attorneys/tajika-mioko-c
- Wisconsin International Law Journal, Note and Comment Editor.
- Native Japanese speaker of the Asian American Bar Association of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts
- New York State Courts
- Wisconsin State Courts (inactive)
- Commercial Litigation and Intellectual Property Groups, Member
- Asian American Bar Association of New York, Member
- Moot Court Board, Member
- B.A., New York University, 2000
Office location for Mioko Tajika
150 E 42nd St
New York, NY 10017
- Rising Stars: 2014 - 2018