Mitchell J. Sassower
Top rated personal injury attorney in New York, New YorkArye, Lustig & Sassower, P.C.
Mitchell J. Sassower is the managing partner of Arye, Lustig & Sassower, P.C., a premier Manhattan personal injury law firm serving the New York City area since 1965. Long recognized as a shrewd negotiator and widely regarded as one of the city’s top personal injury attorneys, Mr. Sassower leads a firm that focuses on representing seriously injured victims in cases involving various types of accidents, particularly construction accidents, as well as medical negligence claims.
Mr. Sassower holds an AV Preeminent* (top) peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell. He has been selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers every year from 2007 to 2018, being designated a Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in New York, NY; fewer than five percent of attorneys in New York are selected for the honor. He is a past recipient of the prestigious Attorney of the Year award bestowed annually by the Institute of Jewish Humanities.
In 2015, Mitchell J. Sassower was named one of the nation's top one percent of attorneys by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel. This honor is reserved for a select few who elevate standards and demonstrate the highest ideals among members of the legal profession.
Mr. Sassower serves on the board of directors of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association. He remains an active member of both the New York County Lawyers Association and the American Association for Justice.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Sassower has written and lectured extensively on topics related to his practice, including construction accidents, labor law and law firm management. He is the author of an article ("Recent Labor Law 240 Decisions Don't Go Far Enough in Protecting Workers") published in the New York Law Journal on January 30, 2012. Additionally, he wrote, "Holly v. Chautauqua: Good News for Plaintiffs Under Labor Law §240(1)," which was published in the Bill of Particulars by the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, also in 2012.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell peer review ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Construction litigation: consumer, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
Animal bites, Assault, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Construction accident, Brain injury, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Toxic mold, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Dental malpractice, Medical malpractice, Birth injury, Delayed or incorrect diagnosis, Informed consent, Motor vehicle defects, Medical devices, Pharmaceutical
- 50% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 30% Construction litigation: consumer
- 10% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1976, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.als-lawyers.com/attorney/mitchell-j-sassower/
- Lectured on Law Office Management
- Rizzo v. Hellman Elec. Corp., 281 A.D.2d 258 (1st Dept. 2001)
- Cruz v. Turner Construction Co., 279 A.D.2d 322 (1st Dept. 2001)
- Spaulding v. Metropolitan Life Ins. Co., 271 A.D.2d 316 (1st Dept. 2000)
- Brandl v. Ram Builders, Inc., 7 A.D.3d 655 (2nd Dept. 2004)
- Parrelli v. City of New York, 277 A.D.2d 167 (1st Dept. 2000)
- Queens College, Queens, New York, B.A., 1972
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1977
- New York County Lawyers Association
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1977
- American Association for Justice
- New York, 1976
- Member, Board of Directors, New York State Trial Lawyers Association
Office location for Mitchell J. Sassower
20 Vesey St
New York, NY 10007
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2022