Neil V. Getnick
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in New York, NY
Attorney Neil V. Getnick is the managing partner of Getnick & Getnick LLP law firm in New York, New York. A top-rated and award-winning trial lawyer with more than 42 years of experience, Mr. Getnick provides exceptional counsel and support to clients throughout the New York City metro and surrounding areas who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Federal False Claims Act (qui tam) issues
· Whistleblower protection
· Civil rights violations
· RICO claims
Leading his firm's anti-fraud litigation and business integrity practice, Mr. Getnick has achieved remarkable success investigating and prosecuting False Claims Act and whistleblower claims, and he claims a 100% success rate for criminal convictions for every RICO case he and his law firm have filed. Among his other notable successes, he has helped secure hundreds of millions of dollars in recoveries for Medicaid fraud and other serious violations, and he has become a pioneer in the concept of independent investigations.
Moreover, Mr. Getnick helped develop the "Whistleblower Law: Involving Private Citizens in Public Law Enforcement" course at Cornell Law School, and he has taken on many leadership roles in his legal community, including the development of monitoring projects in various industries as well as for the clear-up efforts following the 9/11 terrorist attacks. In addition, he has led a number of humanitarian relief and civil rights efforts both domestically and internationally.
Since 1989, Mr. Getnick has served as executive committee member of the New York State Bar Association Commercial and Federal Litigation Section, and he once served as chair for the Section’s Civil Prosecution Committee. He is also the chairman and president of the International Association of Independent Private Sector Inspectors General and chairman of the Board of Taxpayers Against Fraud. He has served on the faculty at the National Institute of Trial Advocacy, and he is a member of many other local, state and national legal organizations.
Mr. Getnick has written extensively and conducted lectures and continuing legal education seminars across the country on a variety of topics related to his practice areas, and he has appeared on several television and radio news programs as well as in various national publications, including the New York Times, Forbes Magazine, the American Lawyers, and others.
A 1975 magna cum laude graduate of Cornell University, Mr. Getnick obtained his Juris Doctor from Cornell Law School in 1978. He is the 2012 recipient of Cornell Law School’s Exemplary Public Service Achievement Award, and he received the Taxpayers Against Fraud Education Fund’s Lifetime Achievement Award in 2011. He has also been a finalist for Trial Lawyer of the Year sponsored by the Public Justice Fund each year between 2004 and 2011.
About Neil V. Getnick
First Admitted: 1979, New York
Professional Webpage: https://getnicklaw.com/our-team/neil-v-getnick/
- Cornell University, B.A., Magna Cum Laude, Government and with Distinction in All Subjects, 1975
- Civil Prosecution Committee, Chair
- New York State Bar Association Commercial and Federal Litigation Section, Member of the Executive Committee, 1989
- International Association of Independent Private Sector Inspectors General, Chairman and President
Pro bono/Community Service
- Ujima Subukia Fund, Co-Founded
- Taxpayers Against Fraud, Chairman of the Board
- New York Public Interest Group’s Public Citizenship award
- Cornell Law School’s Exemplary Public Service Achievement Award, 2012
- Taxpayers Against Fraud Education Fund’s Lifetime Achievement Award, 2011
- Adjunct Professor, Cornell Law School, 2013
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy, Faculty Member, 1991
- 1999 International Anti-Corruption Conference, “The Twin Fights for Human Rights and Against Corruption”
Last Updated: 5/15/2022