Top rated business litigation attorney in New York, New YorkRomano Law PLLC
Nicole Haff is a litigation partner at Romano Law PLLC in New York, New York. A top-ranked business and intellectual property litigator with more than 13 years of experience, Ms. Haff provides exceptional counsel and support to companies and individuals throughout the New York metropolitan region that have legal needs involving the following:
· Breaches of contract and licensing agreements
· Intellectual property disputes (copyright infringement, trademark infringement, and unfair competition)
· Civil fraud claims
· Breaches of fiduciary duty (among shareholders, managing members, and business partners)
· Entertainment disputes
· Defamation and right of publicity issues
· RICO counseling and enforcement
Ms. Haff primarily represents clients in state and federal courts of New York. She is also an experienced appellate attorney, who also arbitrates and mediates disputes in non-court forums, such as AAA and JAMS.
In addition to her active litigation practice, Ms. Haff provides advice to clients in the music, television, new media, theater, film, fashion, and toy industries, usually concerning issues of intellectual property, publicity, defamation, and contract.
Other Admissions and Bar Involvement
In addition to being licensed in New York, Ms. Haff is also admitted to practice law in the District of Columbia as well as before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. She has litigated cases, with the permission of the local courts, in California and Illinois (federal), and Florida (state).
Ms. Haff is an active member of the New York City Bar Association’s (“NYCBA”) Council on Intellectual Property and the Fashion Law Committee. Ms. Haff formerly served as a member of NYCBA’s Information Technology & Cyber Law Committee and as co-chair of LGBT Bar Association of Greater New York’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
Ms. Haff is often asked to speak on cutting edge legal topics to educate other attorneys. She has either moderated or presented on the topics of the right of publicity, video games, and the emergence of artificial intelligence as a collaborator and creator, and intellectual property issues associated with this emergence.
Education and Experience
After graduating summa cum laude from the State University of New York at Albany, Ms. Haff attended Georgetown University Law Center, where she served as Articles and Notes Editor of the Georgetown Journal of Gender and Law. She obtained her law degree in 2007, and the New York State Bar Association admitted her to practice the following year.
Before joining Romano Law, Ms. Haff’s experience included working for two international law firms (a Vault 50 firm and an AmLaw200 firm). From 2015 through 2018, she was selected to the Super Lawyers “Rising Star” list. Only 2.5% of attorneys in the New York metropolitan area receive this distinction. In 2020, Ms. Haff graduated from “Rising Star” to a full-fledged Super Lawyer. She has maintained that distinction since that time.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Entertainment & sports, Intellectual property litigation
- 40% Business litigation
- 30% Entertainment & sports
- 30% Intellectual property litigation
First Admitted: 2008, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.romanolaw.com/legal-team/nicole-haff/
- LGBT Bar Association of Greater New York’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee, Co-Chair
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 2009
- City’s Bar’s Information Technology & Cyber Law Committee, Member
- New York City Bar Association’s Council on Intellectual Property and the Fashion Law Committee, Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2009
- District of Columbia, 2009
- New York, 2008
- Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star”, 2015 - 2018
- Super Lawyers
- State University of New York, University at Albany, B.A., summa cum laude, 2003
- Georgetown University Law Center, Georgetown Journal of Gender and Law, Articles and Notes Editor
Office location for Nicole Haff
55 Broad Street, 18th Fl.
New York, NY 10004
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2018