Top rated Employment Litigation attorney in New York, New YorkSanford Heisler Sharp, LLP
A skilled attorney with over five-plus years of legal experience, Nicole Wiitala serves as Managing Partner for Legal Personnel and Co-Ombudsperson at Sanford Heisler Sharp. She strategically represents the residents of New York in criminal sexual violence claims, consumer protection and employment litigation matters involving age and gender discrimination, wrongful termination, wage and hour issues, harassment and retaliation claims.
Striving to create better workplaces for her clients, Ms. Wiitala makes sure employers in every industry remain compliant with New York and federal employment laws and statutes. With the ability and experience to tackle the most complex issues and large class action cases, she has obtained several favorable verdicts and settlements on behalf of her clients against giant corporations.
Majoring in communication and media studies, Ms. Wiitala completed her Bachelor of Arts from Pace University. She received her Juris Doctor from the Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University in 2016. She is licensed to practice in New York (2017) and the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
During her law school, Ms. Wiitala served as the editor-in-chief of Pace Law Review and as a judicial extern for Honorable Judge Edgardo Ramos at the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York and at the Office of the Attorney General of the state of New York – Litigation Bureau. She also has experience working as a teaching assistant at his law school where she conducted federal civil procedure courses.
Looking at her work and accomplishments as a young attorney, Bloomberg Law recognized Ms. Wiitala among the “Fresh Faces to Know in Labor and Employment Law.” She is rated “Good” on Avvo and has also earned the respect of her former clients, peers and adversaries.
Practice areasEmployment Litigation: Plaintiff, Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff, Employment & Labor: Employee
Class Actions, Employment Discrimination, Employment Law - Employee, Sexual Harassment, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- 80% Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10% Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff
- 10% Employment & Labor: Employee
First Admitted: 2017, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.sanfordheisler.com/team/nicole-wiitala/
- Editor-in-Chief of Pace Law Review
- Maria Sicola v. Cushman & Wakefield, Inc.
- Fabio Silva v. Giorgio Armani Corp., Et. Al.
- Ian Jack Miller v. Zara USA, Inc. et al.
- New York, 2017
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- B.A., Pace University, cum laude
- Ms. Wiitala has been named a Rising Star from 2021-2023, New York Metro Super Lawyers Rising Star, Super Lawyer, 2023
- , Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch, https://www.bestlawyers.com/ones-to-watch, 2024
- Bloomberg Law Labor & Employment Fresh Face
Office location for Nicole Wiitala
17 State Street
New York, NY 10004
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2023