Nussin S. Fogel
Top rated personal injury attorney in New York, New YorkLaw Offices of Nussin S. Fogel, PLLC
Nussin S. Fogel, founder of the Law Offices of Nussin S. Fogel,PLLC represents clients in the New York City area. He limits his practice to personal injury cases for those who have been seriously injured in motor vehicle, construction site, sidewalk, premises, on-the-job and other types of accidents.
In 1986, Mr. Fogel graduated with a Juris Doctor from the Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center. He has been included on the New York Super Lawyers list for the years 2013, 2014 and 2015. Additionally, Mr. Fogel was featured as a Top Attorney In Metro New York published by The New York Times in October 2015.
For more than 30 years, Mr. Fogel has represented his clients with dedication, skill and compassion. He understands that he does not just represent a client; he represents a person who needs a place to turn for help and guidance from the very moment the accident occurs.
Preparation is the touchstone of his law practice. He personally oversees every investigation. With persistence and diligence, every case is prepared meticulously and thoroughly, as though the matter were going to trial. Never at the mercy of the insurance company, Mr. Fogel negotiates his cases from a position of strength, not weakness.
Among his successes, Mr. Fogel acquired a settlement of $2.3 million for a Bronx warehouseman who sustained a degloving injury of the lower leg after being struck by a security vehicle and a $1.7 million for a masonry worker who sustained back and shoulder injuries after being struck by a wood plank that fell from a scaffold being dismantled four floors above. Additionally, he secured a $900,000 settlement on behalf of an infant who sustained a nonpermanent brain injury after ingesting lead-based paint chips that had fallen onto the floor in the child's home. However, success is not measured only by the amount of the settlement or verdict, but also by the gratification from helping the client along the way.
Admitted to practice in New York and New Jersey, Mr. Fogel is a member of the New York State Bar Association and the New York State Trial Lawyers Association. He also is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York and the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff
Animal bites, Assault, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Construction accident, Brain injury, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff
- 100% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1986, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: http://www.nsfogel.com/Attorneys/Nussin-S-Fogel.shtml
- LEAD PAINT POISONING/PREMISES LIABILITY - non-permanent brain damage injury sustained by Brooklyn infant who ingested lead paint chips which fell to the floor of the apartment where he lived - $900,000
- CONSTRUCTION ACCIDENT - Back and shoulder injuries sustained by a masonry worker who was struck by a wood plank from a scaffold that was being dismantled four floors above - $1,500,000 plus waiver of $312,000 workers' compensation lien, total value $1,708,000, 2013
- CONSTRUCTION ACCIDENT - Back and shoulder injuries sustained by a masonry worker who was struck by a wood plank from a scaffold that was being dismantled four floors above - $1,500,000 plus waiver of $312,000 workers compensation lien, total value $1,708,000
- PEDESTRIAN/AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT - Degloving injury of the lower leg sustained by Bronx market worker after being sideswiped and struck by the rear tire well of a security vehicle - $2,300,000, 2018
- CONSTRUCTION ACCIDENT – Neck and back injuries sustained by welder/laborer on construction site when block, tackle and chain dislodged and fell from the floor above. The chain struck construction worker on the head. Injured worker was wearing his helmet on the time of the accident - $900,000
- MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT - internal, organ and orthopedic injuries sustained by Queens driver of motorcycle after intersection collision with a NYPD patrol car - $850,000
- Condominium Board, Legal Committee Head
- Board of Education, City School District of the City of New York, Community School District No. 1, Borough of Manhattan, 1981 - 1983
- New York, 1987
- New Jersey, 1986
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1987
- New York State Bar Association, 1987 - Present
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1987
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, 1987 - Present
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1987
- Certificate of Appreciation, City of New York - Board of Education, 1983
Office location for Nussin S. Fogel
New York, NY 10007
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2022