Top Rated Intellectual Property Litigation Attorney in New York, NY
Padmaja Chinta is an attorney at Chinta & Fratangelo LLP, in New York, New York. Ms. Chinta focuses her practice on intellectual property and serves clients in Manhattan and throughout New York and the United States. She holds a master of laws degree from the University of Pennsylvania Law School.
Ms. Chinta has more than 20 years of experience. Over the course of her legal career, she has litigated cases at the state and appellate levels. She has experience in many different areas of intellectual property involving various products and technologies and has served clients, including individuals, small businesses and large corporations in matters involving patent infringement, trademark infringement, copyright infringement, breach of contract, arbitration, business strategies, licenses, opinions, and product launches.
Before entering the legal field, Ms. Chinta served as a marketing executive for a large national corporation and worked as an optometrist. After becoming a practicing attorney, she served as senior in-house counsel for a major generic drug company and spent several years as a practicing attorney at one of the country’s largest intellectual property law firms.
Ms. Chinta is admitted to practice in all New York state courts. She is also licensed before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Outside of her practice, Ms. Chinta is actively engaged in her legal community. She is a member of professional organizations, including the Federal Bar Association of SDNY.
About Padmaja Chinta
First Admitted: 2001, New York
Professional Webpage: https://chintafratangelo.com/padmaja-chinta/
- 50 IP experts, Voices of the Bar, Law360, 2015
- , Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- New York Super Lawyer, 2016-2021, Super Lawyer
- Finance Monthly Global Award, Litigation US, 2016
- Corporate LiveWire Global Award, Hatch-Waxman Litigation, 2016, 2018
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, B.Sc., Major: Optometry, Honors: Valedictorian, 1993
- Faculty of Law, Delhi University, L.L.B., 1996
- Madurai Kamaraj University, M.B.A., Major: Marketing, 1997
- Panel speaker, USPTO Fraud and Antitrust Liability at NJIPLA 28th Pharmaceutical Patent Practice Update, 2014
- Speaker, Panel on Women in Law, Invitation of Women in Intellectual Property Law, 2006
- Presenter, Discovery Strategies for Your Damages Case for the American Intellectual Property Law Association, 2003
- Speaker, Jindal Global Law School on Changing Dynamics of U.S. Patent Law, 2012
- Speaker, South Asian Bar Association of New York's, Panel on Women Litigators, 2012
- U.S. District Court of Eastern District of New York
- Federal Bar Association - SDNY
- Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court of Southern District of New York
- Consumer Products
- Medical Device
Last Updated: 5/16/2022