Pasquale J. Crispo
Top rated family law attorney in New York, New YorkLaw Offices of Hariri & Crispo
As one of the founders of The Law Offices of Hariri & Crispo, in New York, Pasquale J. Crispo serves as an attorney specializing in matrimonial and family law. He has utilized over 37 years of his even longer law career focusing on both litigated and non-litigated complex matrimonial cases of high net worth clients.
Graduating magna cum laude from the City College of the City of New York with a bachelor’s degree in economics in 1969, Mr. Crispo was inducted into the honor society of Phi Beta Kappa. He received a three-year scholarship to the Columbia University School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor degree in 1974. He is admitted to appear before the state courts of New York and the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York.
Mr. Crispo is rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell, which is the highest peer-review rating granted by the organization. He has litigated cases involving millions of dollars’ worth of marital assets and annual income, and issues including interstate child custody, forensic valuation of assets and spousal support disputes under the Uniform Child-Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA) and the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UIFSA).
Representing clients from across a broad spectrum of social strata and professions, Mr. Crispo has gained the insights to handle his cases with adequate sensitivity. Apart from being a proven litigator, he is an experienced arbitrator and mediator which has allowed him to acquire successful settlements for his clients. He is rated 9.8/10 on Avvo, as a reflection of his quality of client service.
Owing to his high professional standing in the legal community, Mr. Crispo was selected as a panel member on the highest level of the Domestic Relations and Family Law Section of:
- New York State Bar Association
- Brooklyn Bar Association
- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York – Joint Committee
- New York County Lawyers Association.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards. He has been honored by his selection by SuperLawyers from 2014-2022 which is only shared by 5% of all the attorneys in the State of New York.
Practice areasFamily law
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Divorce, Domestic violence, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Same sex family law
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 1975, New York
Professional Webpage: https://hariricrispolaw.com/pasquale.html
- I was the recipient of a three (3) year scholarship to Columbia University School of Law in 1971;I graduated in 1969, Magna Cum Laude from City College of the City of New York, with a B.A. in Economics, having been on the Honor Roll throughout my college career and I am a Member of Phi Beta Kappa; I received an "AV" rating from Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory for outstanding achievement; I have been honored with the New York Metropolitan Super Lawyers Award for 2016, 2015 and 2014.
- Served as Panel Member, the Association of the Bar of the City of New York and New York County Lawyers' Association, Legal Referral Service, on the highest level in Family Law Matters, and Estates & Trusts, providing pro bono consultations to the public in Family Law/Divorce/and Estate Matters since 1997.
- American Arbitration Association-Certified Arbitrator in Matrimonial and Commerical Matters. Served as an Administrative Law Judge-for NYC Administrative Agency.
- City College of the City of New York, B.A. 1969, Magna Cum Laude; Member of Phi Beta Kappa.
- Graduate of City College of the City of New York, B.A. Economics, 1969, MAGNA CUM LAUDE; MEMBER OF PHI BETA KAPPA; RECIPIENT OF THREE (3) YEAR SCHOLARSHIP TO COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW; AV PREEMINENT RATING Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory; Panel Member, NYSBA Family Law; Panel Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York and New York County Lawyers' Association, Legal Referral Service, Highest Level Divorce and Family Law, and Estates & Trusts; American Arbitration Association - Arbitrator in Matrimonial Matters; Panel Member, Brooklyn Bar Association, Legal Referral Service, Highest Level Divorce and Family Law matters., Recipient Three Year Scholarship to Columbia Law School; Semi-Finalist Moot Court Competition;, Columbia University School of Law
- , Selected for inclusion in the 2014 through 2022 Editions of Super Lawyers for demonstrating excellence in the practice of law
- To View the video please visit my Linkedin Profile at pasqule j. crispo, esq./linkedIn, Martindale-Hubbell Video Regarding AV Preeminent Rating, 2014
- Guest Lecturer held at the New York City Bar, Legal Referral Service, regarding the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA) and the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UNIFSA) to all the attorneys who are counselors at the Legal Referral Service. This lecture was given at the request of the Director and Deputy Director of the Legal Referral Service., Lecturer, Legal Referral Service-New York City Bar, Law, Law, 2014
- Member of the Brooklyn Bar Association-Highest Level for Divorce and Family Law Matters, 2014
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern Districts of New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern Districts of New York
- New York, 1975
- New York State Bar Association, Panel Member Family Law Section; Member of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York and New York County Lawyers Association and Legal Referral Service, Panel Member on the Highest Level for Family Law.
- Presently Handling a complex divorce matter in New York, dealing with custody/visitation issues and problematic Equitable Distribution and Maintenance issues regarding hidden income; have already obtained in an Omnibus Pendente Lite Motion: Child Support; Maintenance; Interim Legal Fees; and Custody/Visitation Schedule. Settled on key aspect of the case regarding a family pet issue and appeal, therefore opening the door at depositions to achieving a global settlement of all issues., 2017
- Achieved successful results in three (3) litigated interstate proceedings under the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act(UCCJEA) and the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UNIFSA), representing out of state litigants in litigation in New York County, Queens County and Kings County. In one of these cases, I represented a Washington State mother, who was a Captain and Doctor in the United States Army, stationed in Tacoma, Washington with regard to the custody of her children who were being detained in New York by her former spouse under the emergency jurisdiction provisions of the UCCJEA. After exhaustive litigation before the Family Court, the ex-spouse conceded that Washington State (a more favorable forum to the client-mother) had home state jurisdiction to decide any changes in the parties custody under a Pennsylvania Stipulation of Custody. The case was thereafter litigated in Washington State., 2014
- I have represented high net worth clients in complex matrimonial matters both litigated and non-litigated. The clients, include but are not limited to, Professional Athletes, Doctors, Lawyers, C.E.O.s of Major Corporations, Stock Option Traders and Brokers, and High Level Corporate Executives., 2019
- Association Of The Bar Of The City Of New York
- NYS Bar Association
- Panel Member in Domestic Relations Law and Family Law
Office location for Pasquale J. Crispo
250 Park Ave
New York, NY 10177
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022