Paul F. Callan
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in New York, NY
Representing clients in the New York Metropolitan Area, Paul Callan is a constant source of support for people who have been wrongfully convicted or abused. As founder of Callan Legal, and while serving of counsel to Edelman & Edelman, P.C., http://www.edelmanpclaw.com/, he has worked with people across the country to clear their names.
Mr. Callan started his career as a prosecutor, handling high-profile criminal cases in New York City. He was a member of the prosecution team on the infamous case of serial killer David Berkowitz, also known as the “Son of Sam.”. He brings his experience on that side of the courtroom to his practice today, where he has time and again achieved success in exonerating his clients.
Over the course of his decades long career, Mr. Callan has effectively defended clients at both the state and the federal levels. For his accomplishments, he has received various recognitions, including an Avvo “Superb” rating and the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell. More importantly, he has earned the trust of clients and the respect of his peers through providing honest and reliable representation.
Prior to practicing law, Mr. Callan received a Bachelor of Arts from Seton Hall University where he was selected to represent the United States in international debate competition at the Oxford Union, Cambridge and other renowned British Universities. He went on to earn a Juris Doctor from Boston College Law School in 1975.
In addition to representing clients in civil rights and other complex litigation, Mr. Callan currently serves as a legal analyst and columnist for CNN and other major media outlets. Throughout his career has been active in the legal community through memberships with the New Jersey State Bar Association, the New York County Lawyers’ Association, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the American Board of Trial Advocates.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Paul F. Callan
First Admitted: 1976, New York
- http://www.cnn.com/profiles/paul-callan, Recent Television Appearances, ,
- Adjunct Professor, Media Law, Seton Hall University
- I an a CNN Legal Analyst write a regular legal column for CNN on topics of national interest., www.cnn.com/profiles/paul-callan, CNN, 2014
- Lecturer, New York State Trial Lawyers' Institute
- Author, Jury Selection in Civil Cases, New York State Trial Lawyers Institute, 1990
- Author, Cross Examination of an Economist - A Practical Guide, New York State Trial Lawyers Institute, 1991
- Contributing Author, A Compendium of the Art of Summation, New York State Trial Lawyers Institute, 1993
- Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member, Society of Medical Jurisprudence
- New Jersey
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Member, New York County Lawyers Association
- New York
- District of New Jersey
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Member, New York State Medical Defense Bar Association
- United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- Of Counsel, Edelman & Edelman, P.C., 61 Broadway, New York, NY 10004, http://www.edelmanpclaw.com/, 2015
- Directory of Preeminent Lawyers, Martindale-Hubbell
- Seton Hall University, Bachelor of Arts, with honors
- SCOTUS decision outlines a clear 2nd Amend.right to carry handguns even in big cities like NYC. #NYStateRifle decis… https://t.co/6qEBE3x38v
- A very interesting look at both sides of the 2nd Amendment debate in America https://t.co/AGPGVYxsA5
- Wall St Flags in front of NY Stock Exchange this am…not flying at half staff yet https://t.co/93iEbtKMET
- Republican Congresswoman Liz Cheney delivered a passionate & persuasive summary of evidence this evening indicatin… https://t.co/vFGBHMiboL
Last Updated: 5/15/2022