Paul J. Pennock
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in New York, NY
Paul J. Pennock is an attorney with Morgan & Morgan law firm, and he works primarily out of the firm's law office in New York, New York. Nationally recognized as among the leading trial lawyers in the country, Mr. Pennock provides exceptional counsel and support to clients throughout New York who have suffered a serious injury or lost a loved one because of someone else's negligent, careless or unlawful actions.
Over the course of his legal career spanning more than 32 years, Mr. Pennock has helped recover over a billion dollars in total compensation for his plaintiff clients suffering needlessly through no fault of their own. He has handled all types of serious personal injury and wrongful death claims along with numerous class actions and mass torts.
A leader in his field, Mr. Pennock has written extensively and conducts many lectures and continuing legal education seminars on a variety of legal topics. He is also an active member of the American Association of Justice, the New York State Bar Association and the New York State Trial Association, among his other professional affiliations.
Honored for his remarkable professionalism and service, Mr. Pennock has earned a Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished peer review rating* along with many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers. He has also received numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients, and he has gained a reputation as a tough and fearless advocate who aggressively pursues the most favorable outcomes possible for those he serves.
A 1984 graduate of Syracuse University, Mr. Pennock obtained his Juris Doctor from St. John's University School of Law in 1988. He holds his admission to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of New York, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Paul J. Pennock
First Admitted: 1988, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://www.forthepeople.com/attorneys/paul-pennock/
- Speaker: MTMP Presents: Actos Litigation: Winning the Cancer Case, October 11, 2012, The Bellagio Hotel, Las Vegas. Speaker: Harris Martin’s Mass Tort Litigation Conference with Judge Marina Corodemus (Ret.), Off Label vs. Approved Labeled Representations, June 4, 2012, The Ritz-Carlton Hotel, Philadelphia, PA. Speaker: Mass Tort Strategies CLE Workshop, Actos: Act now? State & Federal Court Coordination - Criteria for Evaluating Cases, May 21, 2012, Trump International Chicago, IL. Co-Chair: MTMP Productions Presents: Actos and Pelvic Mesh Litigation. A plaintiffs only forum, February 8-9, 2012, The Ritz-Carlton Hotel, Philadelphia, PA. Co-Chair/Speaker: Harris Martin's MDL Conference: Transvaginal Mesh and ACTOS Litigation, January 25, 2012, Miami, FL. Speaker: Pharmaceutical & Medical Device Litigation, 11th Annual Class Action/Mass Tort Symposium, Louisiana State Bar Association, December 9, 2011, New Orleans, LA. Speaker: Actos Science, HarrisMartin's MDL Conference: Transvaginal Mesh and ACTOS Litigation, November 30, 2011, Savannah, GA. Speaker: American Association for Justice Education Yaz/Yasmin Teleseminar re: FDA/ Advisory Committee (Ad-Comm) November 10, 2011. Speaker: Mass Torts Made Perfect Presents Yaz Litigation and Emerging Torts: SSRIs, Transvaginal Mesh and Actos Speaker: The Regulatory Story - How Yaz and Yasmin Got Approved and Actos Litigation - Overview and Analysis, Mass Torts Made Perfect Presents: YAZ and SSRI/Birth Defect Litigation, September 13, 2011, The Westin Hotel, Philadelphia, PA. Speaker:Mass Tort Settlements-The Ideal and the Reality, Mass Torts Judicial Forum with Hon. Marina Corodemus (Ret.), June 27, 2011, The Rittenhouse Hotel, Philadelphia, PA. Speaker: Harris Martin Publishing, Development of the Product: Design-Through-Recall Including FDA 510k Approval and DePuy’s Promotion and Marketing of the ASR Hip, Johnson & Johnson DePuy Hip Implant Litigation Conference, November 17, 2010 - Durham, NC. Speaker: The Case for Mass Torts, Yale Law School, November 1, 2010, New Haven, CT. Speaker, Defense Research Institute Corporate Counsel Roundtable, St. Regis Hotel, January 22, 2010, New York, NY. Speaker, Seroquel Update, Mass Torts Made Perfect, October 15-16, 2009, Las Vegas, NV. Lecturer, Medical Products Liability, Vioxx Liability, Brooklyn Law School, April 4, 2007, Brookyn, NY. Co-Chair, Mealeys’ Vioxx Litigation Conference, December 11-12, 2006, Key Biscayne, FL. Speaker, Identifying the Emerging Areas of Pharmaceutical & Medical Device Litigation, Mealey’s Teleconference, August 17, 2006. Speaker, Contact Lens Solution Litigation, Focus on the Contact Solution Litigation, Mealey’s Teleconference, June 27, 2006. Speaker, Verdicts & Mistrials - Where Are We Now? The Impact of the First Vioxx Trials on the Future of the Litigation, Mealey’s Vioxx Litigation Conference, May 8 - 9, 2006, Amelia Island, FL. Speaker, ATLA Heart Device Litigation Group, Guidant MDL Meeting, The Unsettled J&J Takeover of Guidant, December 15, 2005, Minneapolis, MN. Speaker, Mealey’s Vioxx Litigation Conference, What’s Next? A Look to the Future in the Vioxx Litigation, December 12 - 13, 2005, Las Vegas, NV. Speaker, Mealey’s Vioxx Litigation Conference, Consolidated Proceedings, NJ Update, December 12 - 13, 2005, 2005, Las Vegas, NV. Speaker, Mealey’s Vioxx Litigation Conference, Case Evaluation: What’s New, June 22 - 23, 2005, New Orleans, LA. Speaker/Faculty Member, New York State Trial Lawyers’ Association, Federal Practice for State Practitioners, The Use of Jury Questionnaires and Motions in Limine from a Plaintiff's Perspective, April 6, 2005, New York, NY. Invitee, Conference on Electronic Discovery, February 20-21, 2004, Fordham University School of Law, New York, NY. Speaker, Mealey’s Conference on Baycol Litigation, The Non-Rhabdo Case: Disease Processes With or Without Elevated Enzyme Levels, June 2- 3, 2003, Amelia Island, FL. Speaker, The Association of the Bar of the City of New York, The Future of Expert Testimony, Science of Technical Testimony, January 30, 2003, New York, NY. Speaker, Association of Trial Lawyers Association, Baycol and its Impact on Elderly Women, October 25 - 26, 2002, Scottsdale, AZ. Speaker, Mealey’s PPA & Ephedra Litigation Conference, Medical Literature: What is Known Regarding Heart Attacks, Strokes and Psychosis, February 4 -5, 2002, Philadelphia, PA. Speaker, Association of the Bar of the City of New York, The Future of Expert Testimony, January 30, 2002, New York, NY. Speaker, Mealey’s Conference on Baycol Litigation, Theories of Liability, January 14 -15, 2002, San Diego, CA. Speaker, Mealey’s Conference on Propulsid Litigation, The "Hot" Documents and the "Key" Documents, June 14-15, 2001, New Orleans, LA. Speaker, Mealey’s Conference on Propulsid Litigation, Liability Issues Part I: The Internal Documents, January 22 - 23, 2001, New Orleans, LA. Publication: "Mass Tort Litigation In New York State Courts: A Practice Manual." The Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Action In New York State. Volume One. New York State Bar Association, 2009
- Merck’s Strategy for Dealing with Vioxx: Why the Old Recipes for Success Won’t Succeed. AML Law Journal Newsletters. LJN’s Law Journal Newsletters. June/July 2005
- Increased Scrutiny of Pharmaceutical Company Clinical Trials – The Plaintiff Responds. AML Law Journal Newsletters. LJN’s Product Liability Law & Strategy. Vol. 25, #2. August 2006
- 3M Combat Arms Earplug Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2885, Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee
- Yasmin and Yaz (Drospirenone) Marketing, Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2100
- Wright Hip System Cases, Judicial Council Coordination Proceeding (JCCP) No. 4710
- Silicone Breast Implant Litigation, Index No. 500,000/1993, Liaison Counsel
- Seroquel Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 1769, Co-Lead Counsel
- Proton-Pump Inhibitor Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2789, Co-Chair of Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee
- New York State ReNu with MoistureLoc Product Liability Litigation, Index No. 766,000/2007, Liaison Counsel
- Guidant Corp. Implantable Defibrillators Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 1708
- Depuy Orthopaedics, Inc., Pinnacle Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2244, Science Committee
- Ethicon, Inc., Power Morcellator Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2652, Co-Lead Counsel
- Elmiron (Pentosan Polysulfate Sodium) Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2973
- Actos Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2299, Co-Lead Counsel
- Accutane Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 1626
- B.A., Syracuse University, 1984
- Admitted: 1989, New York; 1992, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York; 1997, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York; 2003, United States Supreme Court; 2005, U.S. District Court, Western District of New York; 2011, U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York; 2014, United States Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- New York State Trial Association
- New York State Bar Association
- American Association of Justice
Last Updated: 4/19/2022