Top rated alternative dispute resolution attorney in New York, New YorkPeter Brown & Associates, PLLC
Peter Brown is the principal of Peter Brown & Associates LLP. His practice involves all aspects of counseling on issues relating to Information Technology.
Mr. Brown serves as an arbitrator on complex technology and business matters. He has been the panel Chair on multi-million dollar claims relating to international patent licenses, failed software projects, corporate joint technology ventures and failed telecommunications projects. As the sole arbitrator, Mr. Brown has heard cases involving website development contracts, medical devices, franchising, licensing of toy designs, social media contracts, medical equipment, music licensing and computer component manufacturing. He has served on over 90 arbitrations in past ten years.
As technology counsel he provides services in data security, intellectual property, privacy and e-commerce; negotiation of contracts relating to all aspects of content distribution and commerce on the Internet; trademark and patent applications; negotiation of contracts relating to software and patent licensing, software development and cloud computing. Mr. Brown advises a number of foreign companies on technology issues, licensing, employment law and practical aspects of doing business in the United States.
He has served as lead counsel in litigation involving information technology, intellectual property, theft of trade secrets, theft of website content, employment law and related commercial disputes. He has conducted trials in state and federal courts across the United States.
He is a member of both the American Arbitration Association and the International Centre for Dispute Resolution Panel of Neutrals for large commercial cases.
For over 25 years he was a partner at large national law firms. He is the co-author of two books on Information Technology Law. He writes a monthly column for the New York Law Journal on technology law.
Practice areasAlternative dispute resolution, Technology transactions, Intellectual property, Intellectual property litigation
Arbitration, Internet, Science and technology law
- 50% Alternative dispute resolution
- 30% Technology transactions
- 10% Intellectual property
- 10% Intellectual property litigation
First Admitted: 1974, New York
Professional Webpage: http://browntechlegal.com/profile/
- Citizens Committee for New York City, Board of Directors, Member
- International Technology Law Association, former Board Member
- The American Friends of the Gewandhaus Orchestra of Leipzig, Board of Directors, Founding Member, 2011
- eZ Systems US Inc.
- Itiviti AB
- Spec Simple, Inc.
- Broadview Networks, Inc.
- Florida Hospital
- WMG, Inc.
- Soft Computer Consultants, Inc.
- ALM Media LLC (American Lawyer)
- ITRS America, Inc.
- Chubb Insurance
- Danske Bank A/S
- Armanta, Inc.
- Micro Devices, Inc.
- New York Community Hospital of Brooklyn, Inc.
- Practicing Law Institute's annual "Information Technology Institute," Co-Chair, 1995-2012
- Practicing Law Institute's seminar on Technology for Lawyers, Co-Chair, 2011
- Practicing Law Institute's seminar on Technology for Lawyers, Co-Chair, 2012
- Practicing Law Institute's seminar Cloud Computing, Co-Chair, 2010
- Don't Rush to Court When Your Computer Fails, Harvard Business Review
- Practicing Law Institute's seminar Cloud Computing, Co-Chair, 2011
- Author, Should We Kill the Dinosaurs or Will They Die of Natural Causes, Cornell Journal of Law and Public Policy, 1999
- Co-Presenter, The Internet-Is It Broadcasting?, Touro Law Review, Technology Industry, 1997
- New York City Bar Association, Alternate Dispute Resolution Committee, Member
- American Bar Association, Computer Litigation Committee, Litigation Section, Former Co-Chair
- New York State Bar Association, Commercial and Federal Litigation Section (2600+ members), Former Chair
- New York State Bar Association, Commercial and Federal Litigation Section, Former Chair
- Dartmouth College, BA
- A monthly column on the critical legal issues in the fields of information technology and intellectual property. The topics covered include: privacy; social media; mobile technology; patent litigation; content licensing; spyware; software development agreements; open source and technology-related litigation., Information Technology Law (Monthly Column)--New York Law Journal, Information Technology, 1981
- Information Technology, 2007
- Business Consultants
- Financial Services
- Information Technology Services
- Investment Banking Technology Services
- Medical Services Providers
- Nuclear Services Providers Technology Start-ups
- Radio Broadcasters
- Website and App Developers
Office location for Peter Brown
260 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10016
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2022