Peter I. Minton
Top rated securities & corporate finance attorney in New York, New YorkMinton Law Group, P.C.
Attorney Peter I. Minton is the founder and president of Minton Law Group, P.C., in New York, New York. Mr. Minton has a practice focused on representing angel investors, startups and venture capitalists, providing legal representation concerning funds and investments. He represents clients throughout the New York metropolitan area.
Mr. Minton is originally from the Cleveland, Ohio, region, and graduated cum laude from the University of Pennsylvania. While attending college, he gained valuable, firsthand financial knowledge by founding a student investment group and belonged to the university’s rowing team. After spending time backpacking through the Middle East and Europe, he earned his law degree from the Georgetown University Law Center, where he served as editor of the American Criminal Law Review.
Admitted to practice law since 2007, Mr. Minton is licensed to appear in all New York state courts. Before founding Minton Law Group, P.C., he acquired legal experience by working for a private New York City firm. As a member of the firm’s business transactions department, he represented clients including hedge fund owners and portfolio companies, working on matters involving bankruptcies, investing campaigns, restructurings, secured transactions and more.
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Minton has also served as outside general counsel for a variety of companies including an auto parts manufacturer, a gaming company and a marketing company. He has also been involved in a variety of significant business transactions and activist investing campaigns including a board of directors’ proxy contest and a voting campaign involving a proposed acquisition of an international corporation.
Practice areasSecurities & corporate finance, Business/corporate, Mergers & acquisitions, Closely held business
Securities law, Contracts
- 30% Securities & corporate finance
- 30% Business/corporate
- 30% Mergers & acquisitions
- 10% Closely held business
First Admitted: 2007, New York
Professional Webpage: http://mintonlawgroup.com/
- January Ventures
- Divergent Capital
- Arosa Capital Management
- Kairos Funds
- WISE Ventures
- Aurora High School, Valedictorian
- University of Pennsylvania, Bachelor of Arts, Honors: cum laude; Founding Member of a Student Investment Group
- Editor, American Criminal Law Review, Georgetown University Law Center
- The restructuring of a national bank in as part of the Troubled Assets Relief Program
- The acquisition of a defense consulting firm by a defense company
- Outside general counsel to an auto parts manufacturer
- The acquisition of the North American subsidiary of a European paper manufacturing business by a paper company
- Outside general counsel to an entertainment and gaming company
- A cash tender offer by a private equity fund for all the outstanding shares of a building products distributor
- The acquisition of a manufacturer and online retailer of home goods by a private equity fund
- The “credit bid” acquisition of a fine china maker by a group of private equity funds
- The purchase of the financial arm of a large U.S. auto manufacturer by a private equity fund
- Outside general counsel to a celebrity charity marketing company
- New York
- Angel Investors
- Private Equity Funds
- Venture Capital Funds
Office location for Peter I. Minton
1 Pennsylvania Plaza
New York, NY 10119
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2020