Randi L. Karmel
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in New York, NY
Randi L. Karmel is the founder of Randi L. Karmel, PLLC, in New York, New York. As the firm’s founder, Ms. Karmel focuses her practice on family law and divorce, serving clients in Manhattan and the surrounding areas.
Ms. Karmel has more than 25 years of experience. She handles all areas of family law, including divorce, abuse, custody, equitable distribution, neglect and support. She represents a wide variety of clients at all levels of income. Over the course of her time in practice, she has settled and litigated many complex domestic cases.
An active member of her legal community, Ms. Karmel belongs to the family law sections of the Brooklyn Bar Association and the New York State Bar Association. She is also a member of the Brooklyn Women’s Bar Association, the New York County Lawyers Association and the New York Women’s Bar Association, serving in leadership roles and on various committees for these organizations over the years.
Giving back to her community, Ms. Karmel volunteers with the New York Women’s Bar Association Matrimonial Pro Bono Law Project. She serves on the executive committee of Judges and Lawyers Breast Cancer Alert and Savvy Ladies, a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping women attain financial independence.
Ms. Karmel graduated cum laude from the University of Maryland with a bachelor’s degree. She received her law degree from American University Washington College of Law. She holds a law license in New York, New Jersey, Maryland and the District of Columbia and is a certified fee dispute arbitrator in New York’s First Judicial Department. Prior to founding her firm, she served as an assistant district attorney in the Brooklyn district attorney’s office.
About Randi L. Karmel
First Admitted: 1992, New York
Professional Webpage: http://randikarmel.com/about/
- Ms. Karmel's clients range from high net worth individuals to people who need financial assistance. Many of Ms. Karmel's clients are business owners with complex financial issues.
- Ms. Karmel has successfully litigated numerous matters and has also successfully negotiated complex settlements without court intervention. Ms. Karmel successfully litigated a grandparent's rights matter where her client obtained custody over the biological parents. She has also over many years represented a party who had 10 children in foster care, regain all her children. Ms. Karmel successfully litigated a matrimonial matter with international custody and complex financial international implications. Ms. Karmel successfully litigated a matter published in the The New York Law Journal (LR v. AZ).
Pro bono/Community Service
- Ms. Karmel serves on the Executive Committee of Judges and Lawyers Breast Cancer Alert. She is also an Executive Committee Member of Saavy Ladies. She volunteers her time to the Women's Bar Association Pro Bono Matrimonial Project.
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- New York
- Member: New York State Bar Association (Member, Family Law Section, Membership Committee, Alternate Dispute Resolution Committee); Brooklyn Bar Association, (Member, Family Law Section and Committee, Vice Chair, Alternate Dispute Resolution Committee; Fee Dispute Arbitrator); New York County Lawyer's Association (Matrimonial Section and Committee); Kings County Women's Bar Association; New York County Women's Bar Association (Member, Judiciary Screening Committee); and Judges & Lawyers Breast Cancer Alert. Practice Areas: Matrimonial Law; Family Law Litigation; Divorce; Child Support; Child Custody; Visitation and Access Rights; Termination of Parental Rights; Orders of Protection; Abuse and Neglect Litigation; Equitable Distribution; Maintenance; Children; Child Abuse and Neglect; Child Advocacy; Child Protection; Children's Rights; Fathers Rights; Grandparents Custody; Grandparents Visitation Rights; International Child Custody; Parental Rights; Parenting Time; Third Party Custody; Visitation Rights; Family Law; Alimony; Domestic Relations; Domestic Violence; Marital Agreements; Marital Property Distribution; Marital Property Law; Marital Property Settlements; Name Changes; Paternity; Post Divorce Modification; Postnuptial Agreements; Premarital Agreements; Restraining Orders; Separation Agreements; Spousal Support; Uncontested Divorce.
- Certified to represent children in the First Judicial Department Part 137 Fee Dispute Arbitrator
- Randi L. Karmel (Member) admitted to bar, 1992, New York and New Jersey; 1993, District of Columbia; 1994, Maryland. Education: University of Maryland (B.A., cum laude, 1987); Washington College of Law, American University (J.D., 1991).
- Brooklyn Women's Bar Association
- County Lawyers
- Familly Law Section
- Family Law Section
- Matrimonial Section
- New York County Lawyers Association
- New York County Women's Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Park 137 Fee Dispute Arbitrator
Last Updated: 5/15/2022