Richard C. Bell
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in New York, NY
The founder of his own law firm, Richard C. Bell focuses his practice exclusively on personal injury and wrongful death litigation. From the firm’s main office in midtown Manhattan, he provides representation to clients throughout New York City as well as Nassau and Westchester Counties. Admitted to practice before all New York state courts since 1982, Mr. Bell is also admitted to practice in New Jersey as well as before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Eastern and Northern Districts of New York and the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
Mr. Bell assists people who have been harmed as a result of the negligence of other parties, and he has handled a wide variety of cases on their behalf. His experience has included medical malpractice, civil rights cases (police brutality and false arrest), defective products, motor vehicle crashes, nursing home abuse and construction site accidents, and he has been able to obtain millions of dollars in compensation through settlements and jury awards. Some of Mr. Bell’s representative results have included a $6.5 million medical malpractice verdict and an $8 million jury award in a case involving a truck collision. These and other successes have earned him an “Excellent” peer review rating through Avvo along with many other honors, including his membership in the invitation-only Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Mr. Bell is the author of a primer on New York City personal injury lawsuits and his pro bono work on voter suppression. He has frequently appeared on national and local television and radio shows as well as digital media to discuss topics related to his practice areas. A 1978 graduate of Duke University, he pursued his legal education at Rutgers Law School and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1981.
- 80%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Medical Malpractice, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Informed Consent
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2022
About Richard C. Bell
First Admitted: 1981, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.877calllaw.com/meet-attorney-bell/
- Duke University, Magna Cum Laude, 1978
- Rutgers University School of Law, 1981;Features Editor, Rutgers Journal of Computers, Technology and the Law;Rutgers Moot Court Board.
Pro bono/Community Service
- Voting rights advocate in court and at polling places throughout the nation.
- New York Firefighter’s Burn Center Foundation for pro bono work
- WHY insurance companies HATE when you hire a lawyer, Author
- Voting – The Ultimate Act of Resistance: The Real Truth From The Voting Rights Battlefields, Author
- Honored by Super Lawyers, The Million Dollar Advocates Forum, National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys and Top Attorneys of North America
- Member of New York State Trial Lawyers Association, New York Academy of Trial Lawyers and the New York State Bar Association
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of New York, Eastern District of New York, Northern District of New York and District of New Jersey
- New York Bar
- New Jersey Bar
- Report: Forget Last Year — The First Quarter of This Year is The Bloodiest Year Since Vision Zero Began: #Traffic… https://t.co/C1RRTPkezP
- #Trucking accidents in New York City may raise many complex legal issues. Obtaining a qualified #attorney without d… https://t.co/xhoMFa5OEK
- Meet New York personal #injury & civil rights attorney Richard C. Bell; he has been practicing law in #NYC since 19… https://t.co/oJTru5F91M
- Mass. will pay $56 million to settle a federal class action brought by families of dozens of veterans who died or b… https://t.co/Es6wYKKLCk
- As a New York accident #attorney with over three decades of experience, Richard C. Bell can handle all forms of per… https://t.co/kt2VZcE0vu
Last Updated: 5/15/2022