Richard S. Green
Top rated business & corporate attorney in New York, New YorkHoffman & Kessler LLP
Practice Areas: Business & corporate, Mergers & acquisitions, Alternative dispute resolution; view more
Licensed in New York since: 1981
Education: University of Pennsylvania Law School
Languages Spoken: English, French
A consummate professional with over three decades of experience, Richard S. Green serves as an of counsel attorney at the New York law firm of Hoffman & Kessler LLP. Licensed to practice in New York and the District of Columbia, he has earned the respect of his peers, past clients and opposing counsel for his contributions to the legal society.
Mr. Green has achieved remarkable success representing his clients in business and corporate matters pertaining to mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt financing, business partnerships and joint ventures, corporate governance and spin-offs, venture capital deals, securities law, construction and infrastructure investment disputes, restructurings and more. He has also handled multiple cases involving cross-border transactions (inbound and outbound deals) across various countries.
Known for always being trial-ready, Mr. Green is also a trained mediator and arbitrator. He helps his clients work out their disputes before entering the courtroom with the same level of rigor and come to an accord on their legal matters. He is a member of the American Arbitration Association Roster of Neutrals.
A Bachelor of Arts graduate of Harvard University, Mr. Green majored in government and Latin and graduated magna cum laude in 1975. He then completed his master's degree in business administration at The Wharton School, The University of Pennsylvania and later obtained his Juris Doctor in 1979 from the University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School.
Mr. Green actively contributes to the community in which he lives and works and is a member of the New York City Bar Association. He also serves as an honorary trustee at the Park Avenue Synagogue, a conservative Jewish congregation. He effortlessly communicates in English, French and German.
Practice areasBusiness/corporate, Mergers & acquisitions, Alternative dispute resolution
Business formation and planning, Limited liability companies, Partnership, Contracts, Business organizations, Arbitration, Mediation
- 50% Business/corporate
- 30% Mergers & acquisitions
- 20% Alternative dispute resolution
First Admitted: 1979, Washington DC
Professional Webpage: https://hoffmankessler.com/bio_green.html
- Recognized in Best Lawyers in America (Energy Law)
- Super Lawyers (Mergers and Acquisitions)
- New York Lawyer of the Year 2015 (Energy Law)
- Chair, Energy Committee, New York City Bar Association (2003-2006)
- District of Columbia Bar
- New York
- Member, Project Finance Committee, New York City Bar Association, (2009-2012)
- AB, Harvard College, 1975, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1975
- MBA, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 1979
- Represented private equity investors in equity investment in UK-based manufacturing firm, 2018
- Represented private equity investors in follow-on investment in UK-based manufacturing firm, 2019
- Represented start-up company in connection with private placement of equity securities to fund business development activities in connection with design, development and manufacturing agreement as part of "restart" of business, 2018
- Represented start-up medical devices company in negotiation of major agreement for design and development of prototype of patented radiation protection system, testing, manufacturing and sale of product, 2017
- Represented start-up company in connection with the restructuring of equity capital structure and private offering of equity securities to restart business, 2016
- Represented major construction company in connection with proposed sale of membership interest in solar project., 2019
- Represented sole owner of group of ground transportation businesses in sale to large UK-based portfolio company of major private equity firm., 2016
- Have served since 2019 as a neutral in Part 137 Attorney Fee Arbitration Program., 2019
- Construction; Construction Materials; Infrastructure; Utility And Energy; Ground Transportation
Office location for Richard S. Green
1270 6th Ave
New York, NY 10020
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2008, 2010, 2012 - 2022