Top Rated Civil Rights Attorney in New York, NY
Selected to Rising Stars: 2014 - 2016
The owner of Rickner PLLC, Rob Rickner divides his practice between complex commercial litigation and protecting the rights of people whose civil rights have been violated in some manner. Located in Manhattan, he provides representation to individual and business clients throughout the greater metropolitan area. Mr. Rickner is admitted to practice before all New York state courts as well as before all the U.S. District Courts in New York and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
In his civil rights practice, Mr. Rickner has represented clients who have been the victims of police misconduct, including excessive force, false arrest, coerced confessions and witness intimidation. He has been successful in state and federal courtrooms in many of these cases. Mr. Rickner also defends people who have been named in defamation lawsuits for the purpose of silencing them after they have spoken out. His commercial litigation experience has encompassed cases involving securities fraud, shareholder derivative lawsuits, contract breaches, self-dealing and the unauthorized use of trade secrets.
Mr. Rickner attended The University of Vermont in Burlington, where he majored in comparative religion and spent a year abroad at the University of Sussex before receiving a Bachelor of Arts in 2000. After working for two nonprofit associations, he enrolled at the Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University, and he was awarded his Juris Doctor magna cum laude in 2006. While he was there, Mr. Rickner served on the Hofstra Law Review. He also holds an LL.M. from the New York University School of Law.
About Rob Rickner
First Admitted: 2006, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.ricknerpllc.com/bio/
- University of Vermont, B.A., Comparative Religion, Political Science, and Sociology
- University of Sussex in England
- New York University School of Law, LL.M.
- Hofstra School of Law, Member of the Law Review
- New York
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York
Last Updated: 6/30/2022