Robert B. Stulberg
Top Rated Appellate Attorney in New York, NY
A co-founder of Stulberg & Walsh, LLP, Robert B. Stulberg focuses his practice on labor and employment law matters. Located in New York City, he represents clients throughout the state. Admitted to practice in New York since 1981, Mr. Stulberg is also admitted to practice in the District of Columbia as well as before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia and the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 2nd, 5th and District of Columbia Circuits.
In his employment law practice, Mr. Stulberg confines his representation to current, former and prospective employees. His cases have included claims of discrimination governed by a variety of federal and state laws, wage and hour disputes, and wrongful termination and other acts of prohibited retaliation against whistleblowers. Mr. Stulberg has also reviewed and prepared a variety of agreements for these clients, such as those related to employment, compensation, severance, noncompete and confidentiality. In addition, he has counseled his clients in cases where their rightful benefits have been withheld or denied, including under employer-provided plans that are governed by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
Mr. Stulberg also has a labor law practice, and, in this regard, he has represented several unions in a variety of matters, including collective bargaining agreement negotiations. He has also advocated on behalf of them in court and before administrative agencies such as the National Labor Relations Board. Highly regarded by his colleagues, he has received numerous honors and awards, and he is AV Preeminent peer-review rated,* the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell. He is a graduate of Columbia University and the Antioch School of Law, and he is a member of several professional organizations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Robert B. Stulberg
First Admitted: 1981, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.stulbergwalsh.com/robert-b-stulberg-esq/
- Co-writer of “A Day Without Sunshine,” a PBS documentary about Florida farmworkers
- Rated AV (Highest Rating in Legal Ability & Ethical Standards) by Martindale-Hubbell
- New York Super Lawyers
- New York Top Rated Lawyers
- New York Top Rated Lawyers
- Expert Guide to World’s Leading Labour and Employment Lawyers
- Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Employment Lawyers Guide
- Member of the Bar of the State of New York
- Member of U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, Committees on Disabilities Law and Federal Legislation
- Co-Chair of its Liaison Sub-Committee to the Pro Se Committee of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Chair of ABCNY’s Sub Committees on Workfare and OSHA
- Chair of the Committee on Labor and Employment Law of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Co-Chair of the Sub-Committee on International Law of the ABA-LEL Employee Rights and Responsibilities Committee
- Co-Chair of the Committee on International Labor and Employment Law of the American Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Law Section (ABA‐LEL)
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Second, Third, and District of Columbia Circuits
- Member, District of Columbia
- Columbia College of Columbia University, B.A., 1974
Last Updated: 5/15/2022