Robert J. Gordon
Top rated personal injury attorney in New York, New YorkWeitz & Luxenberg, PC
As a member of Weitz & Luxenberg, PC, Robert J. Gordon is dedicated to representing clients in New York City, New York, and across the country. He focuses his practice on handling personal injury law cases that involve matters such as asbestos exposure, mesothelioma, environmental pollution, and defective drugs and medical devices.
In 1977, Mr. Gordon graduated with a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Michigan. He then earned a Juris Doctor from The George Washington University Law School in 1980.
Victims of negligence deserve personalized attention from an attorney who cares, which is exactly what they find in Mr. Gordon. He conducts a thorough investigation of every case, uncovering the details that are vital to securing much-needed compensation. Applying that tenacity to every phase of the legal process, Mr. Gordon has time and again proven to be a fearsome adversary in the courtroom.
Owing to his persistence and keen legal knowledge, Mr. Gordon has obtained dozens of verdicts in excess of $1 million. For his track record of success, he has been named in The Best Lawyers in America; he was a finalist for The Public Justice Foundation's Trial Lawyer of the Year; and he was named in The National Law Journal's Top 40 Under 40.
Active in the legal community, Mr. Gordon is a member of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, the Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Public Justice and the American Association for Justice. He is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 40% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 40% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
- 20% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1980
Professional Webpage: http://www.weitzlux.com/attorney-profiles/gordon-robert-j/
- "Super Lawyer" every year since 2006
- "New York Mass Torts Litigator of the Year", Best Lawyers, 2011
- Finalist for the Public Justice Foundation's "Trial Lawyer of the Year" award, MBTE litigation, 2009
- New York metropolitan-area "Super Lawyer", 2012 - 2014
- “Top 40 Under 40" attorneys, National Law Journal, 1995
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals (Third Circuit)
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern & Southern NJ
- U.S. District Court, Eastern & Southern NY
- U.S. Supreme Court
- New York State Trial Lawyers Assn.
- B.A., University of Michigan, 1977
- Defective Drugs And Devices
- Environmental Pollution
- Mesothelioma And Asbestos
- Personal Injury And Malpractice
Office location for Robert J. Gordon
New York, NY 10003
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2022