Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in New York, NY
With an impressive reputation for aggressively representing clients in New York and New Jersey, Robert T. Tsigler is the founder of the Law Offices of Robert Tsigler, PLLC. Mr. Tsigler focuses his practice on criminal defense and immigration law, but he is also a licensed real estate broker in the state of New York and has worked extensively on business dissolutions, sales and formations.
A skillful attorney when it comes to criminal, civil and administrative proceedings, Mr. Tsigler has experience on both sides of the courtroom from his time with the Kings County District Attorney’s Office. Clients facing allegations of a crime come to him for representation for drug crimes, DUI/DWI, theft, sex crimes, domestic violence, weapons violations, murder/manslaughter, white collar crime, federal criminal law, insurance fraud and Medicaid fraud.
As a student at State University of New York, Mr. Tsigler graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in criminal justice and psychology. He then went on to earn a Juris Doctor from New York Law School. Currently, his practice services those in Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Westchester, Long Island and Staten Island.
Mr. Tsigler is admitted to practice by the New York State Bar Association, New Jersey State Bar Association, the United States Court of Appeals for the 2nd and 6th Circuit, the United States District Court for the Eastern and Southern District of New York, and the Board of Immigration Appeals. With a commitment to professional excellence, he is affiliated with the National College for DUI Defense, the New York State Bar Association, the American Immigration Lawyers Association, the Criminal Justice Section of the New York County Lawyers Association and The National Trial Lawyers. The American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys selected Mr. Tsigler as one of the 2017 Ten Best Attorneys in New York.
Please note we are open for both in person and virtual meetings.
- 40%Criminal Defense
- 30%Criminal Defense: White Collar
- 10%Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 10%Family Law
- 10%Immigration: Consumer
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Parole, Probation, Prosecution, Sex Offenses, Tax Evasion, Theft, Criminal Domestic Violence, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law - Federal, DUI/DWI, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights, Asylum, Naturalization & Citizenship
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2022
About Robert Tsigler
First Admitted: 2010, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.tsiglerlaw.com/attorney-profile/
- National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Top 10 Under 40, 2017
- Top 40 Under 40 Criminal Defense, The National Trial Lawyers, 2016
- 2017 Ten Best Attorneys in New York, The American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
Pro bono/Community Service
- New York Law School Fellowship Program, Member
- Real Estate Broker, New York State
- New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit
- New York State Bar Association
- Board of Immigration Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- New York County Lawyers Association, Criminal Justice Section
- National College for DUI Defense
- State University of New York, Albany, New York, Honors: Cum Laude, B.A., Major: Criminal Justice, Major: Psychology
Last Updated: 5/15/2022