Robert W. Sadowski
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in New York, NY
Robert W. Sadowski is an attorney based in New York, New York, and the co-founder of Robert W. Sadowski PLLC. He is a trial and appellate attorney with substantial litigation experience, handling complex matters involving business litigation, employment law, investment fraud, qui tam and whistleblower actions. He represents clients throughout the metropolitan New York City.
Mr. Sadowski has over 30 years of legal experience. Over the course of his career, he has successfully prosecuted cases involving issues such as bankruptcy litigation, disability rights, elder care fraud, investment fraud, tax fraud and wrongful termination. He has been notably successful in litigating accommodation and accessibility issues on behalf of disabled individuals. Prior to founding Robert W. Sadowski PLLC, he served as a trial attorney for the Internal Revenue Service. He also was an Assistant United States Attorney in the Southern District of New York and held the position of Health Care Fraud Coordinator.
An active participant in various professional organizations, Mr. Sadowski is a member of the New York State Bar Association, the Federal Bar Council and the Taxpayers Against Fraud Education Fund. He is a former speaker on the False Claims Act for several organizations, including the New York State Bar Association Health Law Section. He has also served as an adjunct professor at Brooklyn Law School.
Mr. Sadowski graduated cum laude from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He earned his law degree from Brooklyn Law School and received a Master of Law degree in taxation from New York University School of Law. He holds licenses to practice law before all New York state courts, the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st and 2nd circuits.
About Robert W. Sadowski
First Admitted: 1986, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.robertwsadowski.com/about
- New York
- Robert is a member of the Bar of the State of New York and is admitted to practice before the United States Courts of Appeals for the First and Second Circuits, and the United States District Courts for the Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts of New York. Robert is a member of the Federal Bar Council and is a Member of Taxpayers against Fraud Education Fund. Robert was an Adjunct Professor at Brooklyn Law School and is a Faculty Member of Lawline.
Other Outstanding Achievements
- He is an expert in disability rights and litigated accessibility and accommodation issues involving stadiums, major sports franchises, Broadway theaters and educational institutions. Robert has an L.L.M. in taxation and worked for four years as a trial attorney for the Internal Revenue Service and handles matters under the Tax Whistleblower Reward Program.
- In connection with his government service, Robert twice received the Attorney General’s John Marshall Award, in 2004, for Outstanding Achievement in Litigation, and in 2005, for Outstanding Achievement in Alternative Dispute Resolution. He has also received the Director’s Award for Superior Performance as an Assistant United States Attorney (2000) and the New York County Lawyers’ Association Award for Outstanding Public Service (2004).
- Super Lawyer, 2008 - Present
- L.L.M New York University Law School, 1991, Taxation
- He has spoken on multiple occasions on the False Claims Act to a variety of organizations including: the Taxpayers against Fraud Education Fund, the New York State Bar Association Health Law Section, the North American Association of Medical Education and Communication Companies, and the New York Society of Certified Public Accountants
- B.S. cum laude University of Wisconsin Madison, 1982
Last Updated: 5/15/2022