Ronald C. Burke
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in New York, New YorkKelner & Kelner
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Professional Liability; view more
Licensed in New York since: 1984
Education: New York Law School
Languages Spoken: English, Polish, Russian, Spanish
Kelner & Kelner250 Greenwich St
7 World Trade Center, Suite 2700
New York, NY 10007 Visit website
With more than three decades of experience, Ronald C. Burke focuses his legal practice on representing plaintiffs in cases involving construction accidents, car crashes, premises liability, nursing home abuse, and legal and medical malpractice. His eponymous law firm is located in New York City, and he serves clients throughout the greater metropolitan area.
Mr. Burke is admitted to practice law before all New York state courts, the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, and the Supreme Court of the United States. He is a member of the New York State Bar Association and the American Bar Association. Highly regarded by his colleagues for his successful track record and superb ethics, he has received an AV Preeminent* peer-review rating through Martindale-Hubbell.
As a seasoned trial attorney, Mr. Burke is dedicated to yielding results that make a tremendous difference in the lives of his clients. His efforts have yielded seven-figure settlements and verdicts, some of which have been listed among the largest in state history. According to the New York Law Journal, Mr. Burke's cases ranked among the largest malpractice and construction accident injury verdicts awarded in New York. In 2022 Ron Burke secured two $5M verdicts: one in a labor law construction accident case in Nassau County and the second $5M verdict in a medical/dental malpractice case tried in Kings County. The New York Law Journal has also recognized Mr. Burke on its list of Top New York Settlements.
Apart from his storied career as a highly esteemed personal injury and malpractice attorney, Mr. Burke is actively involved in his local community. He is a former member of the volunteer fire department in the Village of Rockville Centre, and he has served on local school and zoning boards.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff, Professional Liability: Plaintiff
Birth Injury, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Dram Shop Laws, Informed Consent, Legal Malpractice, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Professional Malpractice - Other, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 40% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 40% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 20% Professional Liability: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1984, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.ronaldcburke.com/ronald-burke
- Member, Village of Rockville Centre Volunteer Fire Department
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern Districts of New York
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Southern Districts of New York
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- From 2005 thru 2017 I have served as the Chairperson of an annual seminar for lawyers entitled "Anatomy of a Deposition" sponsored by the New York County Lawyer's Association., Chairperson - Deposition Seminar, New York County Lawyers Association
- AV Rating-5.0/5.0, Martindale Hubbel
- New York Super Lawyers® each year since 2010
- Avvo Rating -Superb 10.0 out of 10.0, Avvo
- SUNY Albany, B.A. 1978 New York LAw School, J.D. 1983
- See my website @ RonaldCburke.com
- Though a more complete and detailed list of my past verdicts and settlements can be found under "Case Results" at my website: Ronaldcburke.com - some of my more recent verdicts and settlements include: - Verdict of $5.1 million against the NYCTA for a woman who suffered a partial amputation of her foot when a bus ran over her. - Verdict of $5.7 million against New York Presbyterian Hospital for medical malpractice arising out of the wrongful death of a recovering stroke victim. -Settlement of $3.5 million for a car accident victim who was rear ended on the Grand Central Pkwy causing injuries requiring multiple surgeries including a three level cervical spinal fusion. - Verdict of $4.5 million for a steel welder who fell off an unsecured ladder onto his right hand resulting in wrist and spinal surgeries that permanently disabled him from employment. -Verdict for $7.9 million against a neurosurgeon who negligently performed cervical fusion surgery which fell apart requiring a revision surgery leaving the patient partially paralyzed and totally disabled. - Verdict of $2.1 million for a 65 year old bricklayer who fell off a collapsed scaffold sustaining an intra-articular comminuted calcaneus (heel) fracture with complex regional pain syndrome. - Verdict of $2 million against a primary care physician for failing to timely refer a 45 year old patient with elevated PSA scores to a urologist for a biopsy of the prostate leading to a delay in diagnosis and poorer outcome
Office location for Ronald C. Burke
250 Greenwich St
7 World Trade Center, Suite 2700
New York, NY 10007
Phone: (212) 425-0700
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2023