Top Rated Elder Law Attorney in New York, NY
Attorney Ronald Fatoullah founded his New York law firm in 1980. Today, Mr. Fatoullah and his associate attorneys serve the residents of the New York City metropolitan area from his office locations in Manhattan, Long Island, Queens and Brooklyn, where they offer a variety of legal services, including:
• Elder law, including long-term care planning, Medicaid planning & applications, probate and administration, guardianships, powers of attorney, estate and guardianship litigation, ahealth care proxies & living wills. The firm is an ardent advocate for seniors and the disabled, and also provide services for LGBT older adults; and
• Estate planning, including the preparation of trusts and wills, estate administration & litigation, probate & administration, estate tax planning, and estate planning for same-sex couples, and for high net worth individuals;
• Real estate, including representation of buyers and sellers, contract negotiations, mortgage financing, title services, and loan closings.
Mr. Fatoullah began his legal career in 1977 after earning his law degree from St. John's University School of Law and his approval to practice law in the state of New York.
Over the past 40 years, he has earned the respect of the legal community and has received a number of honors and awards for his dedication to his clients. He has a "Superb" rating from Avvo, and he has received an AV-Preeminent peer-review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell. In addition to these honors from his peers, he has also received honors from the community, including the Senior Care Humanitarian Award from Sephardic Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, the World Award from the Senior Umbrella Network of Brooklyn and the Building Bridges Award from AARP.
In addition to working for his clients, attorney Fatoullah also works toward the good of the people of New York State through his involvement in a number of organizations. He co-chairs the Board of the Alzheimer's Association LI Chapter. Mr. Fatoullah is also a member of the Executive Council of AARP in NY. He is also a long-time member of the Executive Committee of the Elder Law & Special Needs Section of the New York State Bar Association.
Ronald Fatoullah is also a partner advisor of AdvicePeriod, a comprehensive wealth management firm with offices located in New York and Los Angeles, CA. AdvicePeriod’s mission is to provide the best independent financial advice available, whether individuals are investing for retirement or for college education. The firm’s aim is to have its clients reach their life goals through proper management of their assets, and most importantly with timely, thoughtful and creative estate planning, tax and financial advice.
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.
- 40%Elder Law
- 40%Estate Planning & Probate
- 20%Estate & Trust Litigation
Estate Planning, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Living Wills, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Wills, Will Contests
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
About Ronald Fatoullah
First Admitted: 1977, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.elderlaw-newyork.com/about/Ronald-Fatoullah.shtm...
- Co - author, The CPA's Guide to Long term Care Planning
- Lectured at the annual meeting of the Elder Law Section of the New York State Bar Association in January, 2012 on the Uniform Adult Guardianship Jurisdiction and Protective Proceedings Act, 2012
- Lecture for the Long Island Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association at its annual Educational Conference, 2012
- Lecture for the Long Island Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association at its annual Physician's Outreach Dinner, 2012
- Lecture on Estate Planning and Elder Law at the New York Public Library, 2011
- Lectured on Veteran's Benefits and long-term care planning for the United Federation of Teachers in December, 2011, 2011
- Certified Elder Law attorney - National Elder Law Foundation.
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Varadi Ovarian Initiative for Cancer Education -(VOICE) Hope for Life Award for achievements in Elder Care and Estate Planning
- Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers , 2019
- Queens Interagency Council on Aging, Rose Kryzak Award, 2018
- Super Lawyers, Ten Year Anniversary Award Super Lawyers, 2018
- World Award, Senior Umbrella Network of Brooklyn, 2012
- Fellow of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Named as one of New York Area’s "Best Lawyers" in the areas of Elder Law & Trusts & Estate
- Senior Care Humanitarian Award, Sephardic Nursing Home and Rehabilitation Center and Sephardic Geriatric Foundation of New York, Inc., 2012
- AARP Building Bridges Award
- Brooklyn Leaders Award, New York Chapter of the Arthritis Foundation, 2010
- Super Lawyer
- Member National Aging in Place Council, 2019
- Member of ORION Resource Group, 2018
- Member of the New York State Bar Association
- Member of the Nassau County Bar Association
- Member of Senior Umbrella Network of Brooklyn
- Financial Planning and Investments Committee of the Elder Law and Special Needs Section of the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA), Co-Chair
- Member of the New York City Bar Association
- Founder and current Member of Senior Umbrella Network of Queens
- Member of the Health & Business Alliance
- Member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Member of the Queens Bar Association
- Member of Senior Umbrella Network of Nassau
- Board of Directors of the Long Island Alzheimer's Association, Co-chair
- Named as an Executor? This Title Carries a Lot of Responsibility. #Executor #LastWillandTestament #EstateTax… https://t.co/7H1yw0CdaW
- Promissory-note planning proves most useful when it comes to nursing home #Medicaid eligibility.… https://t.co/iUv1a3sgrO
- #CommunityMedicaid is a “means tested” program. https://t.co/9FeEHuFdXW https://t.co/q0CRHgps3R
- The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act presents both opportunities and some concerns to New Yorkers. https://t.co/3T0ZjBMjQn https://t.co/5kJRnrd9rj
- Does your #estateplan include these often overlooked aspects? https://t.co/OGMLVETIrE https://t.co/F7LaSEGMY8
Last Updated: 8/3/2022