Sanford P. Rosen
Top Rated Bankruptcy Attorney in New York, NY
Sanford P. Rosen is the principal shareholder at the law firm of Rosen & Associates, P.C., in New York, New York, where he concentrates his practice on commercial and corporate bankruptcy. Licensed to practice law for more than 30 years, he has significant experience in business reorganization and creditors’ rights, and has worked in some of the largest business bankruptcy cases in the nation.
Mr. Rosen represents a variety of clients throughout the New York metropolitan area and nationwide. Over the course of his career Mr. Rosen has represented creditors, investors, debtors, trustees and other types of clients in many high-profile cases involving such companies as Delta Airlines, Adelphia Communications Corp., Kmart Corp. and Enron Corp.
Mr. Rosen is a graduate of Stony Brook University and earned a law degree from Hofstra University Maurice A. Deane School of Law. He is licensed to practice in all New York state courts, as well as the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
His accomplishments have earned Mr. Rosen respect and recognition both within the legal profession and from the mass media. The attorney peer review service Martindale-Hubbell gave him its highest rating, AV Preeminent.* In 2014, he was included in the list of the New York metropolitan area’s top attorneys by the New York Times.
Mr. Rosen is a member of the New York County Lawyers’ Association, the New York State Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the American Bankruptcy Institute. He also belongs to the Turnaround Management Association, an organization dedicated to saving troubled businesses and strengthening healthy businesses. He often lectures on bankruptcy related topics and participates in panel discussions at professional seminars, including programs sponsored by the American Bankruptcy Institute and the Commercial Law League of America.
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.
About Sanford P. Rosen
First Admitted: 1979
Professional Webpage: http://www.rosenpc.com/mrRosen.htm
- Mr. Rosen has either moderated or lectured at several programs on bankruptcy-related issues, involving programs sponsored by The American Bankruptcy Institute and The Commercial Law League.
- An Assessment of Supplemental Jurisdiction in the Bankruptcy Court. Norton Journal of Bankruptcy Law and Practice, Volume 25, Number 4, 2016.
- Delphi Corporation
- Foxmoor Specialty Stores Corp.
- Myerson & Kuhn
- The Grand Union Company
- Bayou Group, LLC
- V&F Business Corporation f/k/a Varet & Fink P.C.
- Dana Corporation
- Walker Telecommunications Corporation
- Enron Corp.
- Kmart Corporation
- Solutia Inc.
- Ames Department Stores, Inc.
- United Merchants and Manufacturers, Inc.
- Coudert Brothers LLP
- Milgrim Thomajan & Lee P.C.
- Delta Airlines, Inc.
- Gaston & Snow, Grumman Olson Industries, Inc.
- NRG Energy, Inc.
- Adelphia Communications Corp.
- The Wiz, Inc.
- Communications Network Corporation, a/k/a Conetco
- Varet Marcus & Fink P.C.
- State University of New York at Stony Brook, B.A., 1975
- AV rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- New York Super Lawyers
- Turnaround Management Association
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- New York County Lawyers Association
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- American Bankruptcy Institute
Last Updated: 5/15/2022