Scott E. Leemon
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in New York, NY
Scott E. Leemon is the founder of Law Offices of Scott E. Leemon, PC. Over the past 20 years, he has handled criminal law cases across the country. However, he primarily focuses on cases that play out in New York state courts and federal court systems. No case is too big or small for him to handle. Some of the many he has taken on include white collar crimes, custom violations, DWIs, gambling offenses and murder.
Mr. Leemon graduated from the New York Law School and has been licensed to practice since 1996. He has been admitted to the New York State Bar Association, several U.S. District Courts across the country, the Appellate Division of the State of New York and three U.S. Courts of Appeal. Because of his extensive experience and the high-profile cases he has handled, he is often called upon for interviews on radio stations and national TV. He is also commonly known as one of the go-to lawyers for rap musicians.
During his career, Mr. Leemon has achieved some remarkable outcomes for his clients. For example, in one domestic violence case in New York, he successfully got all criminal charges dismissed. In a Florida case where a client faced charges for gun possession in Miami, he worked with local counsel to get the case dismissed.
When not defending his clients against criminal charges, Mr. Leemon enjoys spending time with his family and friends. He is also an active member of several law organizations, such as the New York Criminal Bar Association and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
- 40%Criminal Defense
- 40%Criminal Defense: White Collar
- 20%Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Felony, Misdemeanor, Murder, Tax Evasion, Theft, Criminal Domestic Violence, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law - Federal, DUI/DWI
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2022
About Scott E. Leemon
First Admitted: 1996, New York
Professional Webpage: http://leemonlaw.com/profile/
- The Rap Games Best Lawyer, XXL Magazine
- New York State Bar, 1996
- United States District Court, Western District of New York, 9/11/12
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 4/13/99
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 7/16/98
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit¸2/20/98
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2/27/97
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey, 12/95
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York, 6/96
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York, 6/96
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- New York Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- New York Criminal Bar Association, Member
- New York State Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Member
- "Jersey Shore"'s Ronnie Ortiz-Magro Avoids Jail Time After Violating His Probation https://t.co/etwBoXkBTp
- Amazing it’s been so long. You are Missed Chris Lighty.
- Ronnie Ortiz-Magro Won't Be Charged in Domestic Violence Case https://t.co/5YqYKnO2k1 via @TMZ
- Ronnie Ortiz-Magro Avoids Felony Charge in Domestic Violence Case https://t.co/8T1NwTBQzf via @TMZ
Last Updated: 5/15/2022