Top rated Business Litigation attorney in New York, New YorkRomano Law PLLC
Attorney Siddartha Rao is a litigation partner with Romano Law PLLC in New York, New York. In over 12 years of practice, he has worked in both law firm and corporate in house counsel groups, in addition to managing a solo practice for six years. His work encompasses a wide range of litigation and technology transactions issues, and he has been recognized for his exceptional counsel and services to corporate and individual clients with legal needs such as
- Breach of contract
- Commercial bad faith
- Libel and defamation
- Creditor claims in bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings
- Civil and commercial fraud
- Breaches of nondisclosure and noncompete agreements
- Insurance litigation
- Technology transactions and license structuring
- Intellectual property licensing and registration
- Virtual currency and crypto currency
Rao has represented a diverse range of clients in a variety of industries, including the software and mobile app industries, the entertainment industry, the publishing industry, real estate, insurance, banking, and more. He has successfully handled matters for clients ranging from small, family-owned businesses to large, multinational corporations.
Other Admissions and Bar Involvement
Rao primarily represents clients in the State and Federal courts of New York. He has also litigated appeals in State and Federal courts. He has also represented clients in arbitration and mediation non-court forums such as AAA and JAMS. Rao is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit.
Rao is an active member of the New York City Bar Association and previously served as Secretary to its Information Technology and Cyber Law Committee. He is a member of the Sedona Conference Working Group 1 and serves on the board of the New York Asian Film Foundation. He has published in areas encompassing international patent law, forensics, and data privacy, and is a former editor of the peer-reviewed Journal of Law and Cyber Warfare.
Mr. Rao has been an invited speaker on emerging legal topics concerning international intellectual property, data privacy, and cyber security. He has presented on topics including national cyber security, and European data privacy and compliance.
Education and Experience
A 2004 graduate of Middlebury College, Mr. Rao attended the University of Texas School of Law, where he served as associate editor of the Texas Law Review. He obtained his Juris Doctor in 2008, graduating Order of the Barristers, and
Before joining Romano Law, Rao’s experience included working at two international firms, in house counsel at a publicly traded software company, and solo practice. Rao was selected to the Super Lawyers “Rising Star” list in the years 2011, 2012, and 2014-2019. Only 2.5% of attorneys in the New York metropolitan area receive this distinction. In 2020, Rao graduated from a “Rising Star” to a full-fledged Super Lawyer.
Practice areasBusiness Litigation, Business/Corporate, Intellectual Property, Technology Transactions, Appellate, Media and Advertising
Business Formation and Planning, Communications and Media Law, Contracts, Intellectual Property Law, Non-Compete Agreements, Partnership, Trademarks
- 20% Business Litigation
- 20% Business/Corporate
- 20% Intellectual Property
- 20% Technology Transactions
- 10% Appellate
- 10% Media and Advertising
First Admitted: 2009, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.romanolaw.com/legal-team/siddartha-rao/
- New York (2009), U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York (2009), U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York (2011), U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York (2011), U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of New York (2015), U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit (2012)
- New York City Bar Association Member; Member and Secretary Information Technology and Cyber Law Committee
- Middlebury College B.A., (2004)
- To kick off the JLCW second issue, I co-authored a foreword summarizing the recent developments in cyber security law and policy, analyzing and presenting survey data of hundreds of business entities across the world concerning cyber threat preparedness, and advancing proposals for federal policy on cyber issues affecting the private sector., Co-Author, Cyber Warfare and the Corporate Environment, Journal of Law and Cyber Warfare, Cyber Policy, Cyber Security, Operations Risk, Data Privacy
- The severe disparity in the incidence of life threatening disease between developed and developing countries cannot be ignored. Exacerbating this overwhelming concentration of disease is severe poverty which restricts access to preventative medicine. The prices necessitated by pharmaceutical patent protection contribute to a severe inequity in access to needed health care: a “global drug gap.” This paper proposes a mechanism using existing treaty law to foster an economically viable and cooperative approach between patent holders and compulsory licensees to help close the global drug gap., Author, Closing the Global Drug Gap: A Pragmatic Approach to the Problem of Access to Medicines, Journal of Legal Technology Risk Management, Pharmaceuticals, International Patent, Human Rights, 2008
- This summary of the Sekisui v. Hart opinion provides an analysis of the case's result and reasoning within the broader context of developing law on electronic discovery and proposed amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure., Author, E-Discovery, 2013
Office location for Siddartha Rao
55 Broad Street, 18th Fl.
New York, NY 10004
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2013, 2015 - 2019