Stephanie R. Cooper
Top rated Family Law attorney in New York, New YorkCooper & Associates
Practice Areas: Family Law, Employment & Labor, Intellectual Property; view more
Licensed in New York since: 1988
An experienced and courteous litigator, Stephanie R. Cooper is the principal attorney at Cooper & Associates located in New York. She extends her service to the people of the New York metropolitan area and assists them with a broad range of legal issues, including matrimonial and family law, transactional and contractual law, business law and intellectual property law.
With more than 30 years of experience in litigating cases involving transactional law, Ms. Cooper has represented individuals and businesses from various industries and helped them with agreement drafting and negotiations, as well as structuring entertainment entities, art galleries and business organizations. She also counsels her clients on issues concerning copyright and trademark law. She is well-versed in resolving disputes and conflicts involving matrimonial matters, business dissolution, civil rights and defamation.
Ms. Cooper majored in music and earned both Bachelor of Arts (1965) and Master of Fine Arts (1976) degrees from Sarah Lawrence College. After graduating from college, she gained recognition nationally for her well-reputed career as a concert pianist and chamber musician. She established Cooper-Grant, Inc., where she spent almost a decade representing and handling public relations for performing artists and art institutions. These experiences prompted her to continue her education and embark on a career in law.
A graduate of the Cardozo School of Law, Ms. Cooper received her Juris Doctor with high honors in 1986. At the law school, she was recognized as a Belkin Scholar and an Alexander Fellow, which opened doors for her to clerk with the Honorable Federal Judge Jack B. Weinstein. Upon graduating from law school, she started her career as an associate attorney at a reputed AmLaw 100 firm.
Reflecting upon her long and glorious legal career, Ms. Cooper was appointed as a member of the board of trustees at her alma mater, Sarah Lawrence College, for more than a decade. She is also a member of the American Bar Association and the New York City Bar Association.
Practice areasFamily Law, Employment & Labor: Employee, Intellectual Property
Divorce, Employment Law - Employee, Intellectual Property Law
First Admitted: 1988, New York
Professional Webpage: https://stephaniercooper.com/our-team/stephanie-r-cooper/
- The House/Meredith Monk
- Young Concert Artists, Inc.
- Counsel, Boards of the New York Film/Video Council
- Member of the Sarah Lawrence College’s Alumnae Board, 2000
- President of the Sarah Lawrence College Alumnae Association, 2005 - 2009
- Chair, Attorney’s Advisory on Legal Affairs
- Marketing & Communications Committee of the Board of Trustees
- Member, Board of Trustees of Sarah Lawrence College, 2000 - 2013
- Connecticut, 1987
- American Arbitration Association
- New York, 1988
- Get Your Back in Shape
- Adjunct Professor of Legal Writing at Cardozo Law School
- Taught Legal and Business Issues in the Arts for artists and professionals at Sarah Lawrence
- Sarah Lawrence College, B.A. in Literature, 1965
- Sarah Lawrence College M.F.A in Chamber Music, 1976
- Certified Mediator, 1986
- Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award, 2020
- Visual Arts
Office location for Stephanie R. Cooper
230 West 79th Street
New York, NY 10024
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023