Partner at Elefterakis, Elefterakis & Panek, Stephen B. Kahn represents clients in New York, New York. With almost four decades of experience, he has tried over 300 bench trials and more than 150 jury trials. As a successful personal injury attorney, he fights for the rights of injured individuals when they have been violated and injured in motor vehicle accidents, premise liability cases and serious construction accidents.
Admitted to practice in California and New York, Mr. Kahn is also admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York. One of his largest verdicts is $16.7 million awarded to an injured client against the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.
Mr. Kahn attended State University of New York at Stony Brook, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in economics before attending law school at California Western School of Law. In 1984 he graduated with his Juris Doctor and has been passionately advocating for his clients since then.
In the New York State Appellate Division of the Supreme Court, Mr. Kahn argued numerous appeals over his career. His clients include those with cervical injuries, broken bones and all types of injuries sustained at the hands of another.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death
- 100% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1984, New York
Professional Webpage: https://eeplaw.com/attorneys/stephen-b-kahn/
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- SUNY at Stony Book, B.A., Economics
- 28-year-old motorist involved in an accident with a tractor-trailer, sustaining injury to his cervical spine. Plaintiff underwent cervical fusion surgery. The jury awarded Plaintiff $ 3.6 million, 2018
- 44 year old worked for the DOE was a passenger on a NYCTA bus, when it rear-ended a parked truck. Plaintiff was thrown from her seat injuring her lumbar spine. Plaintiff underwent a lumbar fusion surgery. The Jury awarded Plaintiff $ 2 million, 2018
- Motor vehicle accident whereby Plaintiff injured her cervical spine and lumbar spine. He injuries required a cervical fusion and a lumbar fusion. The Jury awarded Plaintiff $ 16 million, 2018
- 30-year-old woman injured her cervical spine after being struck by a NYTCA bus. Plaintiff underwent a cervical fusion. The case settled during trial for $ 2 million, 2019
- 40-year-old plaintiff injured in a work-related accident, sustaining injuries to his cervical spine, lumbar spine and right knee. He underwent multiple cervical and lumbar surgeries, as well as surgery to his knee. The jury returned a verdict of $ 5.9 million, 2019
- Plaintiff injured falling from a loading dock injuring his cervical and lumbar spine. Plaintiff underwent a fusion surgery to his cervical and lumbar spines. The case settled after 4 weeks of trial for $ 3 million, 2020
- Plaintiff struck by a NYCTA bus fracturing his foot and injuring his low back. He underwent multiple surgeries to his left foot, and a lumbar fusion. The case settled while the jury was deliberating for $ 2 million, 2020
- Motor vehicle accident involving a NYCTA bus, injuring his cervical spine. Spine underwent a cervical fusion. The case settled for $ 1.9 million, 2019
Office location for Stephen B. Kahn
80 Pine Street
New York, NY 10005
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023