Steven J. Seiden
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in New York, NY
- Free Consultation
- Virtual Appointments
Steven J. Seiden is a founding member of Seiden & Kaufman and has practiced exclusively personal injury law for over thirty-seven years. Mr. Seiden has recovered millions of dollars by verdicts, arbitration awards and settlements for injured victims of accidents and surviving family members in wrongful death actions.
Mr. Seiden is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, distinguished professional associations that include many of the top trial attorneys from across the United States. The Million Dollar Advocates Forum’s membership is restricted, with less than one percent of attorneys in the United States currently granted membership.
For more than twenty consecutive years, Mr. Seiden received the prestigious AV-Preeminent 5.0 rating from Martindale Hubbell, awarded to only seven percent of attorneys in the United States. This rating is the result of confidential evaluations by other plaintiffs’ attorneys, defense attorneys, and members of the judiciary. The AV-Preeminent rating is the highest rating possible for professional legal ability and ethical standards.
Mr. Seiden has received the highest 10.0 Superb rating from Avvo, and has also been recognized as a Super Lawyer by the Super Lawyers rating service and patented selection process. According to the Super Lawyers publication, only outstanding lawyers who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement are included in this preeminent list, which is limited to the top 5% of attorneys in the state.
Mr. Seiden is a member of The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100, an invitation-only organization composed of the premier lawyers from each state. Selection is based on a thorough multi-phase process with membership extended only to the select few of the most qualified attorneys from each state who demonstrate superior qualifications, leadership skills, and results.
He has also repeatedly been named as one of the Top Rated Lawyers in the New York area by New York Magazine, as a Top Legal Eagle on Long Island by Pulse Magazine, and as a Top Rated Attorney in the Legal Leaders editions of The Wall Street Journal, The New York Law Journal, and Newsday.
Mr. Seiden has successfully handled thousands of cases in the New York State Courts, Federal Courts, and Court of Claims arising from all types of motor vehicle accidents, premises accidents and construction accidents. Mr. Seiden has also won numerous cases in the Appellate Division and New York State's highest court, the Court of Appeals.
Mr. Seiden is admitted to practice before all New York State Courts, the Eastern and Southern Districts of the United States District Court, and the United States Supreme Court.
Long Island Office New York City Office
One Old Country Road, Suite 114 276 Fifth Avenue, Suite 704
Carle Place, New York 11514 New York, New York 10001
(516) 747-2433 (212) 608-3433
- 90%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2022
About Steven J. Seiden
First Admitted: 1985, New York
Professional Webpage: http://seidenandkaufman.com/steven-seiden.html
Pro bono/Community Service
- Civil Justice Foundation (founding sponsor)
- United States Supreme Court
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- Southern Districts of the United States District Courts
- Member, American Association for Justice
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers, Member
- Eastern Districts of the United States District Courts
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- Member, The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100
- AV-Preeminent 5.0, Martindale Hubbell
- Named as a Top Legal Eagle on Long Island, Pulse Magazine
- Received the highest 10.0 Superb rating from Avvo
- Named as a Top Rated Attorney in the Legal Leaders editions of The Wall Street Journal, The New York Law Journal, and Newsday
- Named as one of the Top Rated Lawyers in the New York, New York Magazine
- Super Lawyer
Last Updated: 5/15/2022