Steven J. Shore
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in New York, NY
Steven Shore is Ganfer & Shore’s managing partner and head of the firm’s litigation practice groups. He has extensive experience in representing parties in complex commercial litigations and, in particular, in business, securities and real estate controversies.
Mr. Shore is experienced in all phases of litigation in both the New York State and Federal Courts, as well as in arbitration. He is also a seasoned appellate attorney, having argued before the Second Circuit Court of Appeals and Appellate Divisions of both the First and Second Departments.
Mr. Shore was one of the founders of Ganfer & Shore. Prior to forming the predecessor firm in 1979, he was a staff attorney with the Division of Enforcement of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, and thereafter an associate in the litigation department at Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP.
Mr. Shore has lectured at the New York City and State Bar Associations in real estate and mediation and at Columbia Law School on securities law. Mr. Shore has also served as an arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association.
Mr. Shore is rated “AV” by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest level in professional excellence and ethics, and has been selected as a “Super Lawyer” annually since 2006. Mr. Shore was also listed by Thomson-Reuters in their “Super Lawyers” editions in 2011, 2013 and 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 as one of the top hundred attorneys in the Metropolitan New York area. Mr. Shore has been selected as a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America. Mr. Shore was named 2017 Securities Litigation Lawyer of the Year in New York by Global Law Experts. He’s also recognized as one of the Best Lawyers in America and 2017 New York Litigation Lawyer by Five Star Law. Mr. Shore is also a Trustee for the New York University School of Law Alumni Association.
- 40%Business Litigation
- 30%Real Estate: Business
- 30%Securities Litigation
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2022
- Top 100: 2022 New York — Metro Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2021 New York — Metro Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2020 New York — Metro Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2019 New York — Metro Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2018 New York — Metro Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2017 New York — Metro Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2016 New York — Metro Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2015 New York — Metro Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2014 New York
- Top 100: 2013 New York — Metro Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2011 New York — Metro Super Lawyers
About Steven J. Shore
First Admitted: 1972, New York
Professional Webpage: https://ganfershore.com/attorneys/steven-j-shore/
- Super Lawyer, 2006-present
- One of the Top Hundred Attorneys in the Metropolitan New York Area, Thomson-Reuters in their "Super Lawyers" edition, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Lecturer, Trial of Securities Cases, Columbia Law School, Continuing Legal Education Program
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 1973
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 1974
- Member, Commercial Division Committee of the Commercial and Federal Litigation Section of the New York State Bar Association, 2005 to present
- Member, Union Internationale des Avocats ("UIA"), 2012 to present
- New York, 1972
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York, 1998
- Member, Committee on Civil Practice Law and Rules of the Commercial and Federal Litigation Section of the New York State Bar Association, 1999 to present
- Member, Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association, Compliance and Legal Division, 1998 to present
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 1973
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1977
- Member, Corporation, Banking and Business Law, Litigation, and Corporate Counsel Sections of the American Bar Association
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- University of Rochester, B.A., 1968
Last Updated: 5/15/2022