Steven M. Klapisch
Top rated immigration attorney in New York, New YorkWeisberg Friedman & Klapisch, LLP
Attorney Steve Klapisch specializes in all areas of immigration and nationality law. Having participated for several years in the Refugee Assistance Pro Bono Training program, which is offered to attorneys who want to learn how to prepare applications for political asylum, Mr. Klapisch qualified as an expert witness in the field of immigration in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. His firm, Weisberg, Friedman & Klapisch, LLP, is located in New York City.
Mr. Klapisch has lectured in Spanish for the Appearance Assistance Program of the Vera Institute of Justice and is fluent in Spanish and French. He has been very active in gay civil rights immigration work and was the first attorney to get waivers for people with HIV during the legalization program.
With more than 35 years of legal experience, Mr. Klapisch worked as a trial attorney for the legacy Immigration and Naturalization Service for over ten years. He is active in the American Immigration Lawyers Association and has served on many committees since becoming a member. Mr. Klapisch is admitted to practice in the state courts of Wisconsin and New York as well as before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit.
Practice areasImmigration: consumer
- 100% Immigration: consumer
First Admitted: 1975, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.wfkny.com/steven-klapisch.php
- Refugee Assistance Program of the New York City Bar Association, 2003 - 2008
- Board of Directors of the Association of Deportation Defense Attorneys 2018 to present
- NYC Know Your Rights Project, 2009 - Present
- NTA Mania Presentation, AILA, 2008 - 2010
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1975
- New York, 1975
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association, 1987 - Present
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1975
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1975
- Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York, B.A. in Political Science, Magna Cum Laude, Dean's List, 1971
Office location for Steven M. Klapisch
17 Battery Place
New York, NY 10004
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2022