Susan J. Walsh
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in New York, New YorkVladeck, Raskin & Clark, P.C.
Susan J. Walsh, a partner at the law firm of Vladeck Raskin & Clark, P.C., has been aggressively advocating for her clients throughout the New York metropolitan area for more than 20 years. She focuses her practice in the area of criminal defense and plaintiff's employment.
Before attending law school, Ms. Walsh first completed her undergraduate education at Tufts University, from where she graduated with honors. She then went on to attend The George Washington University Law School and was awarded her Juris Doctor with honors.
Ms. Walsh is admitted to practice in New York, New Jersey and Colorado. She is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit and the United States Supreme Court. Ms. Walsh has been appointed a member of the Criminal Justice Act Panel for the U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and also is certified to defend capital cases.
Ms. Walsh has successfully represented many individuals against their employers for discrimination in a variety of protected classes. She has also successfully resolved matters on behalf of employees, negotiated executive compensation packages, contract disputes and the like.
Dedicated to protecting the rights of her clients, Ms. Walsh also has represented people facing some of the most difficult challenges in their lives. Whether it is an investigation, a accusation, a prosecution and whether it involves state or federal authorities both at trial and on appeal, Ms. Walsh is prepared to protect her clients' freedom, reputation and dignity. She is a member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys and the Women's Bar Association of the State of New York, and she serves on the board of directors of the Center for Appellate Litigation. Since 2005, Ms. Walsh has taught advanced criminal trial advocacy as an adjunct professor at New York Law School and the Foundations for the Study of Law for Evening Students. She is a delegate to the ABA's Committee on Sentencing Standards and is the Second Circuit representative to the Practitioner's Advisory Committee to the USSG Panel.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 50% Criminal Defense
- 50% Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1996, Colorado
Professional Webpage: http://www.vladeck.com/attorneys/Susan-J-Walsh/
- Adjunct Professor of Law in Advance Criminal Trial Advocacy at the New York Law School since 2005
- Named One of Twelve Top Women NY METRO Criminal Defense Lawyers
- U.S. Courts, Southern Districts of New York
- SCOTUS , 2016
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Task Force on Federal Indigent Defense, NACDL, Member, 2014
- Committee on Committees, NYCLA, Chair, 2007-2011
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- New Jersey, 1997
- U.S. Courts, District of New Jersey
- New York State Criminal Defense Association, Board of Directors
- Criminal Justice Section, Co- Chair, 2000 - 2003
- New York, 1997
- U.S. Courts, Eastern Districts of New York
- S.D.N.Y., Criminal Justice Act Panel Attorney
- Executive Committee NY State Bar Association Criminal Justice Section, Member
- Women's Bar Association of the State of New York, Member
- Colorado, 1996
- Tufts University, B.A., 1990
Office location for Susan J. Walsh
565 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10017
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2023