Thomas J. Fleming
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in New York, NY
Thomas J. Fleming is a trial lawyer with extensive experience in commercial litigation in the state and federal courts of New York and around the country.
For over 25 years, Tom has served as lead counsel in dozens of trials and handled a wide variety of complex matters, resulting in over 50 reported decisions, including numerous federal appeals. He has extensive experience in representing clients in the capital markets, including cases involving complex financial instruments and contests for corporate control. He also has served as lead counsel in several of the most significant reported cases involving the proxy laws. He also maintains an active practice before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and the American Arbitration Association (AAA), where he has served as an arbitrator in complex securities matters.
Tom is a co-author, along with Olshan litigation attorneys Kyle Bisceglie and Herbert Ross, of the LexisNexis New York Commercial Litigation Guide, a practical, task-oriented guide to various topics in commercial litigation that clearly explains how to analyze, resolve, and/or litigate the issues that can arise at every stage of a commercial dispute, from the basic corporate structures to complex questions of law, evidentiary matters, procedure and strategy.
About Thomas J. Fleming
First Admitted: 1979, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.olshanlaw.com/attorneys-Thomas-Fleming.html
- B.A., Brandeis University, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1975
- U.S. Tax Court, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 1984
- New York, 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia and U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, 1980
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, 1981
- The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance published an article authored by Ron S. Berebnlat, Adrienne M. Ward, and Thomas J. Fleming entitled "Effective Delegation in Advisory Agreements." The article discusses a recent court ruling in the Packer ex rel 1-800-Flowers.com v. Raging Capital management, LLc, 2020 WL 6844063, _F.3d_ (2d Cir. Nov. 23, 2020) case., Co-Author, Effective Delegation in Advisory Agreements, Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance, 2021
Last Updated: 7/14/2022