Top Rated Class Action & Mass Torts Attorney in New York, NY
- Free Consultation
Troy Rosasco is a Founding Partner at the Manhattan and Long Island law firm of Hansen & Rosasco, LLP. He is known as the "go to" 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund attorney in New York. He has personally been representing 9/11 victims and their families for over 20 years. He has represented over 3000 9/11 clients before the federal September 11th Victim Compensation Fund to date and has recovered over $300 million for his clients
Troy is a dedicated member of the 9/11 community. Every day he compassionately takes phone calls from his clients who are often experiencing devastating medical conditions and economic losses due to exposure to 9/11 related toxins. . Troy takes some of the toughest 9/11 cancer cases and obtains multi-million dollar results on a regular basis. He welcomes calls from attorneys who would like to refer their clients to the firm for 9/11 claims.
Troy currently represents 9/11 victims, survivors, downtown Manhattan residents, downtown workers, downtown students and first responders in cancer and/or respiratory & digestive claims related to Lower Manhattan and Pentagon toxic exposure before the federal 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund.
Showing an early dedication to injured workers, he received his Bachelor of Science from Cornell University's School of Industrial & Labor Relations in 1985. He then earned his law degree from St. John's University School of Law in 1989, where he was the President of the Labor Relations and Employment Law Society.
As an Adjunct Professor at St. John's University School of Law, Troy taught a course entitled "Protective Legislation for Workers" to upper class students for four years. Admitted to practice law in New York, Troy is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit.
Troy is an attorney leader and member of many bar association and professional organizations. He is a Fellow in the national College of Workers' Compensation Lawyers and a member of the national Workers' Injury Law & Advocacy Group. He has also served on the Board of Directors of the Injured Workers' Bar Association of New York, the Nassau County Bar Association and the National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives. Mr. Rosasco has been a member of the Nassau County Bar Association Attorney Grievance Committee since 2006. Outside of law related volunteer activities, he has also served on the Board of Directors of the National Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Society, Long Island Chapter.
About Troy Rosasco
First Admitted: 1990, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.911cancerclaim.com/attorneys/troy-rosasco/
Pro bono/Community Service
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Board of Directors, Long Island Chapter
- Founding Board Member, - New York State Injured Workers' Alliance.
- Fellow - College of Workers' Compensation Lawyers, 2016
- Nassau County Bar Association, Board of Directors, 2005 - 2008
- Nassau County Bar Association, Member, Attorney Grievance Committee, 2006 - Present
- N.Y. Injured Workers' Bar Association, Executive Board Member, 2004 - 2011
- Board of Directors - National Organization of Social Security Clamant Representatives (NOSSCR), 2012
- Nassau County Bar Association, Chair, Workers' Compensation Law Committee, 1999 - 2001
- Workplace Injury & Advocacy Group, Member, 2003 - Present
- Nassau County Bar Association, Member, 1990 - Present
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1995
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1992
- New Jersey, 1990
- Injured Workers' Bar Association, Member, 1999 - Present
- B.S., Cornell University, School of Industrial and Labor Relations, 1985
- What the attorneys at Hansen & Rosasco, LLP can do for claimants filing for 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund benefits., 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund Representation, Legal, 2016
- Inducted as a Fellow, Fellow, College of Workers' Compensation Lawyers, 2016
- Presented to Troy Rosasco, Esq, Co-Chair, New York Workers' Compensation Alliance, For Public Advocacy on Behalf of Injured Workers., Clara Lemlich Public Service Award, Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire Memorial Foundation, 2009
- Building on his prior Lawline 9/11 VCF seminars from 2011, 2015 and 2017, join Troy Rosasco, Partner at Hansen & Rosasco, LLP, a long time 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund attorney representing 9/11 victims, survivors and families since 2001, as he explains the new 2019 "Never Forget the Heroes: James Zadroga, Ray Pfeifer & Luis Alvarez Permanent Authorization of the September 11th Compensation Fund Act" and the future of the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund., Presenter, 2019 Update - 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund, LawLine CLE, Legal CLE, 2019
- Presented a legal CLE seminar at the WILG annual convention in Palm Beach on the current and future status of claims filed before the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund for plaintiff's lawyers from around the nation. , Lecturer, The 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund - 20 Years and Beyond, Workers' Injury Law & Advocacy Group (WILG), Workers' Compensation Lawyers, 2020
- Teach a course entitled "Protective Legislation for Workers", including subjects such as 9/11 benefits, workers' compensation and Social Security disability benefits., Adjunct Professor, Protective Legislation for Workers, St. John's University School of Law, Academic, 2013
- Troy Rosasco, Esq. gets top reviews for Lawline CLE on ERISA Disability Benefits, ERISA Disability Benefits Primer CLE, Lawline, 2011
- 9/11 Victims and First Responders before the federal 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund , 2022
- Injured and disabled workers in New York seeking governmental benefits., 2022
- Brown vs. Commissioner of Social Security, 174 F. 3d 128 (2d. Cir) - Argued successfully for plaintiff at Second Circuit Court of Appeals overturning adverse disability determination by Social Security Administrative Law Judge that claimant with siezure disorder was not disabled, $650,000 Workers' Compensation Settlement for Long Island Police Officer after back surgery, 1999
- The 9/11 Community
- A herniated disk can be a big problem for a New York worker https://t.co/Ph7mls7kXs
- Workplace injuries par for the course at some factories https://t.co/GeBXoQdN8x
- Construction workers' accidents are often preventable https://t.co/mEE69bgNLK
- Construction workers' accidents: Collapsing excavation kills 1 https://t.co/EsnN9ZZmFW
- Empowering younger workers can help prevent workplace injuries https://t.co/89o2J434mv
Last Updated: 5/15/2022