Tulio R. Prieto
Top rated Transportation & Maritime attorney in New York, New YorkCardillo & Corbett
Assisting clients in New York, throughout the United States and internationally, Tulio Prieto has earned the reputation as a skilled attorney in the areas of admiralty and maritime law. Mr. Prieto practices for the distinguished law firm of Cardillo & Corbett, which was founded in 1952. This firm has the distinction of being one of the oldest and most respected maritime firms in the city. Besides admiralty and maritime law, Mr. Prieto also successfully practices in areas including business, commercial and corporate law, commercial litigation, and appeals and arbitration.
Mr. Prieto was admitted to the New York State Bar Association in 1975. He received his education at New York University School of Law and also at City College of New York. Tulio Prieto is an active member of several well-known legal associations, including the American Bar Association, the New York City Bar Association and the Maritime Law Association of the United States.
Tulio Prieto's dedication to the law is reflected in his distinct understanding and commitment to his clients. Trust, respect and dedication are key components to the quality service provided by the attorneys at Cardillo & Corbett, of which Mr. Prieto personally applies to his individual cases. Committed to the pursuit of excellence and demonstrating the strictest personal and professional ethics, Mr. Prieto always strives to meet the needs of each individual client. Additionally, Tulio Prieto offers his services in both English and Spanish.
Practice areasTransportation/Maritime, Business/Corporate, Business Litigation
Admiralty & Maritime Law, Contracts, Transportation Law
- 70% Transportation/Maritime
- 20% Business/Corporate
- 10% Business Litigation
First Admitted: 1975, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.cardillocorbett.com/Attorney-Profiles/Tulio-R-Pri...
- “Arbitration - Whether You Intend It Or Not – How Signatories And Non-Signatories Alike May Be Estopped From Avoiding Arbitration” – Presented at the 14th International Congress of Maritime Arbitrators - New York “La Responsabilidad Del Cargador Según La Ley Norteamericana Por Pérdidas Causadas Por el Embarque de Mercancía Peligrosa Cuando el Cargador y el Transportador Desconocen el Carácter Peligroso de la Mercancía Antes de su Embarque” (“The Shipper's Liability Under American Law For Damages Resulting From The Shipment Of Dangerous Goods When Neither The Shipper Nor The Carrier Were Aware Of The Dangerous Nature Of The Goods At The Time Of Shipment”) - Presented at the VIII Congress of the Instituto Iberoamericano de Derecho Maritimo- San Carlos de Bariloche, Argentina “Should Arbitrators be Trusted with Determining the Preclusive Effect of Prior Court Judgments or Arbitration Awards”, Presented at the 15th International Congress of Maritime Arbitrators - London
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, The Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- New York, 1975
- Member, Maritime Law Association of the United States
- City College of the City University of New York, New York, NY, B.A., Cum Laude, 1971
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 1974
Office location for Tulio R. Prieto
145 Hudson St.
New York, NY 10013
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2023