U. Seth Ottensoser
Top Rated Securities Litigation Attorney in New York, NY
U. Seth Ottensoser is an attorney at the New York City office of Morgan & Morgan, having joined the national law firm in January 2020. A highly regarded civil litigator, he focuses his practice on a wide variety of complex matters on behalf of plaintiffs, including securities law, business disputes, mergers and acquisitions, class actions, and mass arbitrations. Mr. Ottensoser has been admitted to practice before all New York state courts since 1996.
As an undergraduate, Mr. Ottensoser attended Queens College, which is part of the City University of New York system, and he graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in 1992. He then went on to pursue his legal education at the University of Southern California Gould School of Law in Los Angeles, and in 1995, he was awarded his Juris Doctor.
After he graduated from law school, Mr. Ottensoser returned to New York City and joined the main office of an internationally recognized plaintiff’s class action law firm, where he spent eight years handling complex cases involving federal securities violations, fraud, corporate governance, and other matters. He then was a partner at two other area law firms before joining Morgan & Morgan.
During his career, Mr. Ottensoser has been involved in litigation that has resulted in hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation for his clients. Among his representative successes are a shareholder derivative lawsuit relating to the sale of two Colorado professional sports franchises, a $400 million recovery in a lawsuit against a global insurance company, and a $33 million settlement on behalf of a municipal employees' retirement fund. Mr. Ottensoser is frequently invited to deliver presentations on his practice areas to audiences around the country.
About U. Seth Ottensoser
First Admitted: 1996, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.forthepeople.com/attorneys/u-seth-ottensoser
- (2011-2012, 2016-2017), The Legal 500
- (2010, 2013-2019), Super Lawyers Magazine
- Queens College, 1992
- New York State Bar, Second Department (1996)
- Alicia Smith, Derrick Connell, Rick Block, @MattMorganESQ & Max Karric just won a $7,167,345.00 verdict for their… https://t.co/lIEn73nuvJ
- Attorneys Jonathan Rabinowitz, Luke Mitcheson & Garrett Lee joined our friends from the Massachusetts AFL-CIO for G… https://t.co/1rM5rbDkz6
- #VerdictAlert! Mike Smith, Raissa Booze and Chris Hinckley just received a $921,172.05 verdict for their client in… https://t.co/4hep6lUPJ2
- Hard work always pays off 💪 #MondayMotivation https://t.co/ThHBgr2fo4
Last Updated: 5/15/2022