Walter M. Kane
Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in New York, NY
Having been involved in the labor movement for decades, Walter M. Kane has a keen insight into the employment-related issues people face. He is a founding partner of Cary Kane LLP, where he serves clients in New York including labor unions and multiemployer and employee benefit plans.
In 1995, Mr. Kane received a Bachelor of Arts in history from Baruch College. He went on to earn a Juris Doctor from Brooklyn Law School in 1999. Located in New York, Mr. Kane practices before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Mr. Kane served first as an organizer and later as a business agent for a local labor union. He also has experience as a commercial truck driver, which gives him a keen awareness of what people in the trucking and warehousing worlds face. Today, he represents clients who have interests in a number of industries. He provides counsel on internal union disputes, anti-corporation campaigns, contract disputes and collective bargaining agreements.
Active in the legal community, Mr. Kane is a member of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York, the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans and the American Federation of Labor-Congress of Industrial Organizations Lawyers Coordinating Committee.
Outside his practice, Mr. Kane provides pro bono legal services for the Irish American Labor Coalition. He also co-founded the Joint Association of Boxers, which seeks to unionize boxers.
About Walter M. Kane
First Admitted: 1999, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.carykanelegal.com/attorney/walter-m-kane/
- Baruch College of the City University of New York, B.A., Major: History, 1995
Pro bono/Community Service
- Office of Collective Bargaining
- Co-founder, JAB, the Joint Association of Boxers
- National Labor Relations Board
- New York City Health and Hospital Corporation's Personnel Review Board
- Assistant Director, Irish American Labor Coalition for Human Rights in Northern Ireland
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans
- U.S. Department of Labor
- Pro Bono Counsel for the Irish American Labor Coalition
- State of New York, 1999
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2000
- Member, AFL-CIO Lawyers Coordinating Committee
- If you are looking for an attorney experienced with employee benefit plans, the #attorneys at Cary Kane LLP are ava… https://t.co/1tUkdR4Gni
- Having an attorney review your severance agreement before you sign it may be critical for protecting your #rights.… https://t.co/djmBJMp3XB
- Our #attorneys have decades of #laborlaw experience representing #unions in both the private and public sectors in… https://t.co/e5n6OrPzjy
- Our attorneys have years of experience helping unions run their elections and dealing with DOL investigations of co… https://t.co/TyXpKimmGW
- Sexual harassment, a form of #gender #discrimination, in the workplace is prohibited by New York City, New York Sta… https://t.co/MW6dgFh5jH
Last Updated: 5/15/2022