Scott P. Horton
Top rated Employment & Labor attorney in Orchard Park, New Yorkgunnercooke
Practice Areas: Employment & Labor, Employment Litigation, Schools & Education; view more
Licensed in New York since: 2006
Education: University of Virginia School of Law
gunnercooke4955 Chestnut Ridge Road
Orchard Park, NY 14127 Visit website
Scott Horton represents employers/management in labor and employment law matters. He works with clients to find the practical approach that will have the most favorable impact on their bottom line.
Licensed to practice law since 2006, Mr. Horton has more than 15 years of experience handling employer litigation matters and advising employers who are facing legal issues. His clients come from a variety of sectors, including education, health care, nonprofit and professional services. Just some of his areas of experience include discrimination, employee leaves, hiring problems, terminations and union issues. He was included among the 2012 “Who’s Who in Law” list by Buffalo Business First and has been featured in the publication “The Best Lawyers in America” for several consecutive years.
Mr. Horton holds a bachelor’s degree from the University of Virginia. He earned his law degree from the University of Virginia School of Law. Along with being licensed to practice in all New York state courts, Mr. Horton is admitted before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Western Districts of New York and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit.
An active member of his local and statewide legal community, Mr. Horton belongs to the Bar Association of Erie County, the New York State Bar Association and the New York State Public Employer Labor Relations Association. He also belongs to national organizations, including the American Bar Association and the National Public Employer Labor Relations Association.
Kindle version: https://www.amazon.com/New-York-Management-Law-Employment-ebook/dp/B07CJYJNV2/
Practice areasEmployment & Labor: Employer, Employment Litigation: Defense, Schools & Education
Education, Employment Discrimination, Employment Law - Employer, Labor Law, Schools, Wage & Hour Laws
- 60% Employment & Labor: Employer
- 20% Employment Litigation: Defense
- 20% Schools & Education
First Admitted: 2006, New York
Professional Webpage: https://hortonpllc.com/attorneys/scott-horton-management-law...
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Employment Law – Management, 2014-present
- Super Lawyers – Upstate New York®, Employment and Labor Law, 2013-present
- Who's Who In Law (Labor & Employment), Buffalo Business First, 2012
- Leadership Buffalo – Rising Leaders 2011
- Orchard Park Little League – Baseball Coach
- New York State Bar Association – Labor & Employment Law Section
- New York State Public Employer Labor Relations Association
- U.S. Dist. Court for the Western District of New York
- American Bar Association – Section of Labor & Employment Law
- National Public Employer Labor Relations Association
- New York
- Bar Association of Erie County – Labor Law Committee; Municipal & School Law Committee, Past Chair
- Organization of Public Employer Negotiators
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 2005
- University of Virginia, B.A., with distinction, 2002
- Health Care
Office location for Scott P. Horton
4955 Chestnut Ridge Road
Orchard Park, NY 14127
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2023
These comments were made by fellow attorneys during the annual nomination process.
“Scott is a great lawyer and even better person. He has forged on his own with his own firm and is an outstanding advocate for management during employment and labor issues.”