Heather L. Kitchen
Top rated Family Law attorney in Poughkeepsie, New YorkThe Law Offices of Heather L. Kitchen, Esq
An extremely loyal and client-protective attorney, Heather L. Kitchen established the law firm bearing her name in Poughkeepsie, New York, to safeguard the best interests of New York residents at all turns. She assists her clients in Ulster County, Dutchess County and the surrounding areas with complex family law and real estate matters.
Known for offering diligent and cost-effective solutions, Ms. Kitchen has experience mediating cases, and she tries to resolve disputes with as little conflict as possible. But, when it is time to be aggressive, she remains prepared to battle cases in court.
At The Law Offices of Heather L. Kitchen, Esq, the requirements of Ms. Kitchen’s clients in the real estate arena range from small issues to major claims valuing up to millions of dollars. She has also assisted a number of families with legal matters such as divorce, marital agreements, adoptions, juvenile delinquency, child custody and support and alimony.
A 1981, cum laude, Bachelor of Arts graduate of the University at Albany – State University of New York, Ms. Kitchen received her Juris Doctor from the University of Houston Law Center in 1988. She was first admitted to practice in New York in 1989 and later in the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
Licensed for over 33 years, Ms. Kitchen is an active member of the New York State Bar Association, the Dutchess County Bar Association and the New York State Magistrates Association. She is the former president of the Dutchess County Magistrates Association.
Many awards and honors have come Ms. Kitchen’s way, proving her accomplishments, professionalism and commitment to client services. She is rated “Very Good” through Avvo and BV Distinguished* through Martindale-Hubbell. Furthermore, she is recognized by America's Most Honored Professionals and Who's Who in America.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily Law, Real Estate: Consumer
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Prenuptial Agreements
- 80% Family Law
- 20% Real Estate: Consumer
First Admitted: 1989, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.heatherlkitchen.com/attorney-profile/
- Admitted to practice 1989, admitted to Federal District Courts Eastern and Southern Districts 1996
- Dutchess County Bar Association, Dutchess County Magistrates Association, New York State Magistrates Association, past President Dutchess County Magistrates Association, 2018
- Town Justice, Town of Wappinger
- State University of New York at Albany- Cum laude, 1985
- For over 10 years presided over high school mock trials., 2015
- Lifetime Member of Who's Who in America, 2017
- Women of Distinction Honored Member, 2018
- Top Attorneys of North America, 2018
- America's Most Honored Professionals Top 5%, 2018
- Member: New York State Bar Association; Dutchess County and New York State Magistrates Ass.
- previous County Attorney
- Town of Wappinger Town Justice
Office location for Heather L. Kitchen
35 Market St
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2021