Jason P. Sultzer
Top rated Class Action & Mass Torts attorney in Poughkeepsie, New YorkThe Sultzer Law Group P.C.
Jason P. Sultzer, the founding partner of The Sultzer Law Group P.C., takes complex litigation and catastrophic personal injury seriously. Handling clients nationwide in a variety of legal issues – such as class action lawsuits, product and premises liability, asbestos defense, mass torts, commercial litigation, risk management and employment litigation – Mr. Sultzer's firm has developed a reputation for highly efficient, aggressive representation.
Mr. Sultzer has gained recognition for achieving successful outcomes in countless state and federal lawsuits, including highly publicized defense and prosecution cases involving nationally recognized companies. His numerous successes have won millions of dollars for businesses and individual clients on both the plaintiff and the defense sides of the courtroom.
Before opening his law firm, Mr. Sultzer served as co-chairman of the class action practice group for one of the largest law firms in the country, and also worked as in-house counsel for Owens Corning. He received his Bachelor of Arts at the Ohio State University in 1993, after which he earned his Juris Doctor in 1997 from the Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law. He is admitted to practice law in the state of New York and before the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Eastern and Northern Districts of New York.
Mr. Sultzer frequently lectures about class action lawsuits and has written numerous articles on the topic for national publications. His experience has earned him various awards and recognitions, including the highest rating of AV-Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell, and the distinction of mass tort lawyer of the year for American Lawyer Media. He also enjoys serving on the board of directors for the nonprofit youth sports and education group BeLikeCoach.
*AV-Preeminent and BV-Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasClass Action/Mass Torts: Defense, Personal Injury - Products: Defense, Business Litigation
Asbestos, Class Actions
- 60% Class Action/Mass Torts: Defense
- 20% Personal Injury - Products: Defense
- 20% Business Litigation
First Admitted: 1998, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.thesultzerlawgroup.com/our-attorneys/jason-p-sult...
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
- New York, 1998
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Moot Court Board of Advocates, 1997
- Cali Publishing Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy
- American Law Media's Mass Tort Lawyer of the Year, 2013
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Fellow Nomination to Litigation Counsel of America, 2014
- Board of directors for the Hudson Valley Community Center, an organization that is responsible for reviving the Poughkeepsie Jewish Community Center
- Board of directors for GeoPlunge, an organization that is dedicated to teaching geography to students in elementary schools across the country
- Board Member: BeLike Coach, 2010
- Frequent Author and Lecturer about class action lawsuits and has been quoted in national publications concerning the Class Action Fairness Act and class action settlements
- $2.5 million on Behalf of his Client who was Severely Injured in a Trucking Accident
- The Ohio State University, B.A., 1993
- Summary concerning strategies to defend national class actions., Should You Be Concerned? Current Trends In Product Liability Class Action Lawsuits and Defense Strategies That Work", Defense Research Institute (2007)
- Defending the No-Injury Products Liability Class Action Lawsuit , Westchester Corporate Counsel Association, 2004
- The Class Action Fairness Act; Is it Working, 2006
- Summary concerning key legal issues in the development of class actions in America., Class Action Lawsuits in America: A Troubling Phenomenon", Quebec Bar Association , 2007
- Consumer Appliance
- Electrical Device
- Real Estate
Office location for Jason P. Sultzer
85 Civic Center Plaza
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2011