Paul J. Goldstein
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Poughkeepsie, NY
Attorney Paul J. Goldstein is a partner with Goldstein & Goldstein, LLP, in Poughkeepsie, New York. Nationally recognized as being among the leading trial advocates in the country, Mr. Goldstein possesses more than 45 years of legal experience, and he holds his board certification in civil trial advocacy from the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
As such, Mr. Goldstein provides unmatched counsel and support to clients throughout Albany, Dutchess and Newburgh as well as Ulster and Green counties and beyond. He helps those who have suffered serious injuries or lost loved ones due to any of the following acts of negligence or wrongdoing:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Trip- or slip-and-fall accidents
- Medical malpractice
Over the course of his legal career fighting for the rights and entitlements of plaintiff personal injury victims and their families, Mr. Goldstein has recovered millions of dollars in total compensation for those who suffer needlessly through no fault of their own. From his success, he has earned memberships in both the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums, and he has received consistent top rankings and endorsements from his peers for his exceptional professionalism and service.
After receiving his undergraduate degree magna cum laude from the State University of New York, Albany, Mr. Goldstein obtained his Juris Doctor from New England School of Law in Boston in 1975. He holds his license to practice in Florida as well as New York, and he is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
A leader in his legal community, Mr. Goldstein once served as president of the Dutchess County Bar Association as well as delegate to the New York State Bar Association. He regularly conducts lectures and seminars across his region on a variety of legal topics related to personal injury law and other subjects, and he is an active member of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association and the Association of Trial Lawyers of America.
Mr. Goldstein also supports his local community through his various board appointments and memberships with several civic, charitable, artistic and commercial organizations in his area, including the TEG Credit Union, the Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce and the Wappingers Falls Elks Club. He received the Development Volunteer of the Year in 1992 from the American Heart Association for his outstanding contributions to the organization.
- 60%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%General Litigation
- 10%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Medical Malpractice
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
About Paul J. Goldstein
First Admitted: 1975, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.goldsteinlawfirm.com/paul-j-goldstein-esq
Pro bono/Community Service
- New York State Bar Association, Delegate
- Past Board member of the American Heart Association; awarded Development Volunteer of the Year in 1992 by the American Heart Association
- Former attorney for and current member of the Wappingers Falls Elks Club.
- Past President of the Poughkeepsie Ballet Theater.
- Member and past Board member of the Poughkeepsie Tennis Club.
- Past Board member and current member of the Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce.
- Past Board member and Vice Chairman of the TEG Federal Credit Union
- Member, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Member, Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Past President, Dutchess County Bar Association
- Member, Dutchess County Bar Association
- Member, New York State Trial Lawyer’s Association
- New York State Bar, 1976
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York, 2002
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1979
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 1976
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 1976
- Florida State Bar, 1975
- Board Certified in civil trial advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- State University of New York, Albany, NY, Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, 1972
Last Updated: 5/20/2022