Top rated Family Law attorney in Rochester, New YorkAshcraft & Franklin LLP
Practice Areas: Family Law, Real Estate; view more
Licensed in New York since: 1985
Education: Fordham University School of Law
Ashcraft & Franklin LLP150 Allens Creek Road
Rochester, NY 14618 Visit website
A partner at Ashcraft & Franklin LLP, in Rochester, New York, attorney Gregory Franklin specializes in a range of practice areas, including family law, real estate and wills, trusts and estates, with a particular interest in adoption law. He has been facilitating adoptions for the residents of Rochester and Syracuse metros for over three decades. He also handles cases related to assisted fertility, gestational carriers, surrogate mothers, egg and sperm donors, and their intended families.
As a seasoned attorney and an adoptive parent, Mr. Franklin uses his experience to efficiently guide his clients through the adoption process. With more than 2,000 adoptions under his belt, with 25% of them being international adoptions, he has a thorough understanding and knowledge to choose the right avenue for achieving the adoption goals of parents, children and extended families.
Following his bachelor’s degree in political science from Grinnell College, Mr. Franklin obtained his Juris Doctor from the Fordham University School of Law. During his time in law school, he won the Best National Brief award in the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition and worked as the editor-in-chief for the law school’s moot court board.
Mr. Franklin is admitted to practice in all the state courts in New York and the U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York. He is actively involved in organizations such as the New York State Bar Association, the Monroe County Bar Association and the Academy of Adoption and Assisted Reproduction Attorneys.
To appreciate Mr. Franklin’s service to the community, the New York State Bar Association awarded him the President’s Pro Bono Service Award in 2014. He has also received an “Excellent” rating on Avvo. A speaker and presenter on the subject of adoption, he has presented at various events and conferences.
Practice areasFamily Law, Real Estate: Consumer
Adoption, Same Sex Family Law
- 90% Family Law
- 10% Real Estate: Consumer
First Admitted: 1985, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.adoptionny.com/attorney/gregory-a-franklin/
- , New York Super Lawyers, 2022, 2007 - 2010
- In re Adoption of Carolyn B., CAF 03-01032 (Supreme Court of New York, Appellate Division, Fourth Department 2004)
- In re Adoption of Caitlin, Docket Nos. A-39/40-93, Docket Nos. A-41/42-93 (Family Court of New York, Monroe County 1994)
- Adoption Resource Network at Hillside Children's Center, Founding Member, Board of Directors
- Grinnell College, A.B., Major: Political Science , 1978
- Academy of Adoption and Assisted Reproduction Attorneys, Fellow; Chair - Membership Committee, Past Chair, International Adoption Subcommittee, 1992
- New York, 1985
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York, 1985
- New York State Bar Association, Adoption Subcommittee
- Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys, Judicial Evaluation and Legislative Committees
- Monroe County Bar Association, Fee Arbitration and Ethics Committee, Past Chair
- American Academy of Assisted Reproductive Technology Attorneys, Fellow
Office location for Gregory Franklin
150 Allens Creek Road
Rochester, NY 14618
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2010, 2021 - 2023