Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Rochester, NY
Jeffrey Wicks is an attorney in Rochester, New York, and the founder of Wicks Law, LLC. Mr. Wicks has over 40 years of legal experience and practices in the areas of criminal law, family law and civil litigation, serving clients throughout the Rochester metropolitan area.
As a criminal defense attorney, Mr. Wicks has experience with cases involving DWI, sex offenses and other misdemeanors and felonies. He also has ample experience with divorce cases. Over his career, he has successfully settled and litigated a diverse range of complex legal matters on behalf of Rochester residents.
In addition to his private practice, Mr. Wicks gives back to his legal community through engaging in pro bono work. His efforts were recognized by the New York State Bar Association, who awarded him their President’s Pro Bono Service Award.
Raised in Rochester, Mr. Wicks earned a bachelor's degree from the State University of New York Oswego in 1975. He went on to graduate from Gonzaga University School of Law in 1982.
Mr. Wicks holds a license to practice law before all New York state courts. He is also qualified to appear before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of New York, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Over the years, Mr. Wicks has held leadership positions with various community organizations. He is a former adjunct professor at the State University of New York Brockport and a member of the Monroe County Bar Association and the New York State Defenders Association.
- 30%Criminal Defense
- 30%Family Law
- 10%Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10%Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 10%Criminal Defense: White Collar
- 10%Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Failure to Pay Child Support, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Parole, Probation, Prosecution, Sex Offenses, Theft, Traffic Violations, Criminal Domestic Violence, Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Juvenile Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law - Federal
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2022
About Jeffrey Wicks
First Admitted: 1984, New York
Professional Webpage: https://wickslaw.net/attorney/jeffrey-wicks/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Temple B’rith Kodesh, Founder, Holocaust Project and Community Curriculum
- Jewish Family Service Board of Directors, 1993 - 1995
- Center for Dispute Settlement - Director, Board of Directors, 1988–1996
- Center for Dispute Settlement - Chairman, Nominating Committee, 1989–1991
- Center for Dispute Settlement - Chairman, Fundraising Committee, 1991–1993
- Center for Dispute Settlement - President-Elect, Board of Directors, 1992–1993
- Center for Dispute Settlement - President, Board of Directors, 1993–1994
- Adjunct Professor, State University of New York, College at Brockport, Criminal Justice Department, 1999 - 2011
- Martinez v. County of Monroe in 2008
- Attorney Grievance Committee, Supreme Court Appellate Division, Fourth Judicial Department, Member, 2000 - 2006
- New York State Defender’s Association, Inc.
- Monroe County Bar Association, Criminal Justice Section
- Monroe County Bar Association, Chairman, Ethics Committee, 1989-1991
- Monroe County Bar Association, Member, Ethics Committee, 1987–present
- Monroe County Bar Association, Member, Board of Trustees, 1998–2000
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2000
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of New York, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1999
- New York, 1984
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York, 1984
- Selected to New York Super Lawyers, 2012 - 2017
- President's Pro Bono Service Award, New York State Bar Association, 2008 - Present
- State University of New York at Oswego, Oswego, New York, B.A. – 1975
Last Updated: 5/15/2022