Peter J. Pullano is the managing partner of Tully Rinckey PLLC in Rochester, New York. He is a skilled criminal and appellate attorney experienced in all aspects of criminal and civil rights litigation. He has advocated for the rights and liberties of those accused of state and federal crimes such as white collar crimes, sexual offenses, DWI/DWAI, employment discrimination, drug charges, traffic tickets, property crimes and violent crimes. He also helps with expungements and criminal record sealing.
Mr. Pullano has invaluable insight into New York’s court proceedings and the criminal justice system. In addition to obtaining positive results through acquittals or dismissals for his clients accused of serious crimes, he is also certified to handle death penalty cases and federal capital offenses.
A 1983 Bachelor of Arts graduate of the State University of New York at Buffalo, Mr. Pullano earned his Juris Doctor from Albany Law School in 1986. He was licensed to practice in New York the following year and is also qualified to appear before the U.S. District Courts for the Western and Northern Districts of New York, the Supreme Court of New York and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit.
Mr. Pullano has received many awards and accolades. He was bestowed with the Leaders in Law Award by Daily Record Newspaper and the Charles F. Crimi Memorial Award by the Monroe County Bar Association. Furthermore, he was listed in the Top 40 Under 40 attorneys by Rochester Business Journal and named “Man of the Year” by St. Nicholas Italian-American Welfare Society. He was also a recipient of the Criminal Justice Act Award for his commendable services to defendants in the U.S. District Courts. In 2021, he was named to the list of "Power Lawyers" from the Rochester Business Journal and The Daily Record.
With a genuine concern for the legal issues that disturb his community, Mr. Pullano volunteers his time and services to those in need. In 2004, he received the Most Inspirational Volunteer Award from AIDS Rochester, Inc., and is a former board member of the organization. He also functioned as the president of the Saint Nicholas Society and the Saint Mary’s Church Parish Council.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Appellate
Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Debt, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, Failure to pay child support, False accusations, Felony, Juvenile delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Overdrawn bank account, Parole, Probation, Prosecution, Sex offenses, Tax evasion, Theft, Traffic violations, Criminal domestic violence
- 90% Criminal defense
- 10% Appellate
First Admitted: 1987, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.tullylegal.com/attorneys/peter-j-pullano/
- Certified to handle Death Penalty cases in New York State Court when NYS had Death Penalty
- Learned counsel in federal court capital cases
- Board of Directors of the Foundation of the Monroe County Bar, 2009 - 2017
- President of the Saint Mary’s Church Parish Council
- President of the Saint Nicholas Society (Italian-American Welfare Society in East Rochester)
- Board of Directors of AIDS Rochester, Inc.
- BA: State University of New York College at Buffalo
- Recognizing outstanding leadership in the legal profession in the greater Rochester, New York area, Leader In Law Award, Daily Record Newspaper, 2015
- , Daily Record "Power 30" Lawyers , The Daily Record, 2021
- Recognized as “Lawyer of the Year” by the NY Daily Record, 2015
- 40 under 40, Rochester Business Journal, 1998
- Recognizing exemplary service to Criminal Defendants in United States District Court when appointed pursuant to the Criminal Justice Act (CJA), Criminal Justice Act Award, US District Court, Western District of New York, 2016
- Charles Crimi Award, Monroe County Bar Association, 1998
- Man of the Year, St. Nicholas Society, 1998
Office location for Peter J. Pullano
400 Linden Oaks
Rochester, NY 14625
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022