Richard A. Kroll
Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney in Rochester, NY
Richard A. Kroll is the principal attorney at Kroll Law located in Rochester, New York. He focuses his practice on estate planning, wills, trusts, probate, asset protection planning, elder law and consumer tax matters. Serving clients throughout the state of New York and Massachusetts, he has five decades of experience practicing law.
Mr. Kroll is a tenacious and determined attorney and a fierce fighter for his clients’ rights. He provides sound and knowledgeable counsel to his clients and keeps them well-informed. Compassionate and empathetic, he handles each case using efficient and cost-effective approaches.
With a Bachelor of Arts degree from Hobart College, Mr. Kroll has a Master of Law degree from Harvard University Law School. He obtained his Juris Doctor from the Suffolk University Law School. While in law school, he served as editor-in-chief of the school’s law review.
Active in the legal field, Mr. Kroll has memberships in the Special Needs Alliance, the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, the Estate Planning Council of Rochester, the Monroe County Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association and the American Cancer Society National Professional Advisors Council.
Mr. Kroll’s prior memberships in legal associations include being a clerk for a renowned judge in the County Court and being an adjunct faculty member at the Rochester Institute of Technology. He has written extensively and published his work in notable publications and has lectured in numerous prominent platforms and educating seminars.
Dedicated in his affiliation with his community, Mr. Kroll was the past president of the Rochester Fund For Opera, Inc. and the Irondequoit County Club, the past honorary chair member of the CASA Board of Directors and Golf Tournament Committee and was a town leader at the Penfield Republican Committee.
Mr. Kroll is admitted to practice in the states of Massachusetts and New York, the U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York and the Supreme Court of the United States. For his remarkable legal work, Mr. Kroll has an AV Preeminent* peer review rating by Martindale Hubbell and is the recipient of the American Cancer Association National Professional Advisor Award.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Richard A. Kroll
First Admitted: 1971, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://www.kroll-lawoffice.com/index.cfm
- Rated "preeminent" by Martindale-Hubble, (peer rating)
- Instructor Greece School District Community Education, Pittsford Community Education, and Fairport BOCES.
- Recipient of the American Cancer Association National Professional Advisor Award, 2021
- "Super Lawyers", since 2017
- Massachusetts Bar, November, 1971
- American Cancer Society National Professional Advisors Council
- New York State Bar Association
- Monroe County Bar Association
- Estate Planning Council of Rochester
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Special Needs Alliance
- Supreme Court of the United States, 1978
- U.S. District Court Western District of NY, 1974
- New York Bar, February, 1972
- Hobart College, B.A., 1968
- Harvard University Law School, Cambridge, MA, 1973 L.L.M., Master of Law
Last Updated: 5/15/2022