Robert L. Brenna, Jr.
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Rochester, NY
The son of the founder of the predecessor to Brenna Boyce PLLC, Robert L. Brenna, Jr., is now a principal attorney with the Rochester, New York-based firm. Representing upstate clients, his primary practice areas consist of Catastrophic injuries, wrongful death litigation.Product Liability Estate Litigation, Estate and Trust planning and Appeals.
Mr. Brenna represents people who have been harmed by the negligence of others in cases arising out of motor vehicle crashes, construction site accidents, nursing home abuse, defective drugs and other products, and prescription errors. In the estate planning area, he prepares and reviews wills, trusts, and other important documents such as financial powers of attorney, health care proxies and living wills. He also handles probate and trust litigation. During his career, Mr. Brenna's fellow professionals have taken note of the good work that he has done for his clients, and he has received both an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo. Mr. Brenna has also been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America And Super Lawyers for over a decade. He has been invited to be a Fellow in the Litigation Counsel of America and recently been named a Senior Fellow, after 7 years of Membership. He has been invited into the National Trial Lawyers Of America, named as one of New York's TOP 100. He is a Trial Attorney, emphasizng His Skills in Depositons, Appeals, and Trials.
Majoring in psychology in a pre-med concentration, Mr. Brenna attended Syracuse University as an undergraduate and received a Bachelor of Science in 1973. After spending two years working at hospitals, he changed career paths and enrolled at New England School of Law, obtaining his Juris Doctor in 1978. He has been in private practice since that time. Mr. Brenna also hosts a weekly radio show devoted to legal topics.
Admitted to practice in New York, Mr. Brenna is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York and before the Supreme Court of the United States. He frequently delivers continuing legal education presentations, and he is a member and a past president of the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 50%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20%Estate Planning & Probate
- 10%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 10%Estate & Trust Litigation
Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Estate Planning, Probate & Estate Administration, Pharmaceutical, Will Contests, Appeals
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2022
About Robert L. Brenna, Jr.
First Admitted: 1979, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.brennalaw.com/About-Us/Robert-L-Brenna-Jr.shtml
- 7.3 Million Settlement Construction Accident Won Summary Judgment in the Trial Court, AND won the subsequent appeal in the Appellate Division- Jehnt
- First Wrongful Death Verdict against State of New York for Attica Uprising
- Product Liability - Novartis Pharmcetuicals 1.3 Million
- Burger King - Food Tampering - Amount Confidential
- National Trial Lawyers Association- Top 100-NY
- New York, 1979
- National Academy of Trial Advocacy, Member
- Senior Fellow Litigation Counsel of America Invitation only, 2011
- PAST President of Genessee Valley Trial Lawyers Association
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1982
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice, Founding Member
- President - New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers, 2009
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York, 1979
- Past Member President's Club of the American Association of Justice, Member
- Best Lawyers
- Rated "Superb" and Received a 10.0/10.0 by AVVO.com
- Super Lawyers
- Named in Top 100 Trial Lawyers (New York) by the National Trial Lawyers Association, 2006
- Preeminent AV Rating in Martindale Hubbell
- Lecturer, Continuing Legal Education of Attorneys, New York State Bar Association
- Lecturer, Continuing Legal Education of Attorneys, New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Lecturer, Continuing Legal Education of Attorneys, New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Lecturer, Continuing Legal Education of Attorneys, Monroe County Bar Association
- Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York, B.S., Major: Psychology, 1973
- Past President New York State Academy Of Trial Lawyers
Last Updated: 5/15/2022