Stephen A. Segar
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Rochester, NY
- Free Consultation
Mr. Segar’s practice concentrates exclusively in personal injury litigation and workers’ compensation. His practice is unique in that he personally appears before the Workers’ Compensation Board on behalf of an injured worker and personally litigates that worker’s third-party action in New York Supreme Court or the Court of Claims.
Mr. Segar has lectured frequently on matters relating to third-party practice including on a wide range of topics relating to the interplay between Workers’ Comp and third-party recoveries.
Mr. Segar is a member of the New York State Bar Association, New York State Trial Lawyers Association, New York State Injured Workers’ Bar Association and the Monroe County Bar Association. He holds degrees from the University of Rochester, Yale Divinity School and Albany Law School. He is a founding member of Segar & Sciortino.
About Stephen A. Segar
First Admitted: 1987, New York
Professional Webpage: https://segarlaw.com/attorneys/stephen-a-segar/
- Upstate New York Super Lawyers, 2021
- 2021 Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers, 2021
- Avvo Clients' Choice Award, Avvo, 2021
- Avvo Clients' Choice Award, Avvo, 2020
- Panelist, “The Nuts and Bolts of Workers’ Compensation”, June 14, 1998, Human Resources Symposium
- Lecturer, “Workers’ Compensation Law and Practice: What’s New in New York Workers’ Compensation: Legislation, Regulation and Case Law”, Sterling Education Services, Buffalo, March 2016.
- Lecturer, “Advanced Workers’ Compensation: Workers’ Compensation Liens and Credits from a Plaintiff’s Perspective”, Sterling Education Services, Rochester, September 2015.
- Lecturer, “Summations: What’s OK and What’s Not OK”, Monroe County Bar Association, Rochester, October 2012
- Lecturer, “Workers’ Compensation Liens Against Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Actions”, New York State Bar Association, Rochester, October 2011
- Lecturer, “Kelly v. Burns – Where Are We Now?”, Albany, New York, September 2009
- Lecturer, “Thoughts on Kelly v. State Insurance Fund“, New York State Injured Workers’ Bar Association, Rochester, April 2006
- Lecturer, “Social Security Disability Offset for New York State Workers’ Compensation”, Monroe County Bar Association, May 2003
- Lecturer, “Top Ten Lists: Issues with Workers’ Compensation Liens”, Monroe County Bar Association, Disability, Labor & Employment Law Committee, September 2002
- Lecturer, “Workers’ Compensation Offset in Social Security Cases”, Joint Meeting, Monroe County Bar Association and Public Interest Law Office of Rochester (PILOR), January 2001
Pro bono/Community Service
- Stewardship Council at St. Joseph’s Church
- Rochester Americans Foundation
- Anthony Poselovich Memorial Foundation
- Fairport Baptist Homes Caring Ministries
- Board of Directors of the Epilepsy Foundation
- Alzheimer's Association of Rochester, Board Member
- New York, 1987
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- New York State Injured Workers' Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Monroe County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Yale University Divinity School, Master of Arts in Religion, 1982
- University of Rochester, Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, Honors: Cum Laude, 1980
Last Updated: 5/15/2022